Renting Out Advertising Space on Your Car
Our Side Hustles Breakdown
Renting out advertising space on your car can be a hassle-free way to earn passive income, especially if you’re always on the road. This method is excellent for those who commute regularly and cover substantial distances. However, a primary concern is to ensure the advertising material doesn’t damage the vehicle’s paint or leave residues upon removal.
- Potential Vehicle Wear: Ad materials might affect paint or finish.
- Commitment Required: Some campaigns require driving a set number of miles.
- Limited Control: Cannot always choose the specific advertisements.
- Passive Earnings: Make money from regular driving.
- Low Start-up Cost: Minimal initial investment is needed.
- Flexibility: Choose campaigns that align with your values or interests.
When most people think of getting paid to drive, they usually think of the best driving-related jobs as those where they deliver packages or drive people around.
But did you know you can get paid to put advertisements on your car? This way, you can offset the cost of fuel and car maintenance if you drive around a lot.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the ins and outs of renting out advertising space on your car and some legitimate car advertising companies that you should consider.
An Overview of Renting Out Advertising Space On Your Car: A Primer
Car wrap advertising involves wrapping your car in vinyl sheets with ads printed on them. You have the choice of having a complete car wrap or sticking with partial wrap covers.
This can be a great way to earn money if you spend a lot of time on the road commuting or if you want an enjoyable side hustle and your driving habits are mostly tame.
The car advertising industry is expected to grow steadily until 2028, according to Grand View Research, which projects a CAGR of 18.8% year over year.
How Much Can Renting Out Advertising Space On Your Car Earn You?
The amount of money you can get for car wrapping depends on how much of the car you’re putting ads on.
But on average, you can expect to receive anywhere between $100 and $700 for car ads. Most legit companies pay car owners a proportionate rate based on how big the ads on the car are.
Covering the entire car will pay you much more than a partial cover with only a few decals.
The length of your contract, the model you’re driving, how much you drive and for how long, as well as the specific company you choose to go with, can all dictate how much you earn.
The fluctuations are significant since you may earn close to $1000 for some vendors while others might pay you a much lower rate.
How Much Does it Cost to Start a Side Hustle Renting Out Advertising Space On Your Car?
You’ll need your own car to get into the car wrapping business. You’ll also need to have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
The cost of getting a license varies based on state but is usually under $100 at most. If you aren’t a car owner already, it can be a significant investment to get started, with Statista reporting that the average cost of a second-hand vehicle comes to around $30,000, while that of a new one is around $150,000 more.
The cost of car insurance and maintenance will only add to the amount you will need to get started.
Where Can You Find Gigs Renting Out Advertising Space On Your Car?
Wanting to wrap your car to receive a steady monthly income, or even a one-time extra cash booster, is ideal, but where can you find this opportunity?
Where to Independently Find Renting Out Advertising Space On Your Car Work
Finding independent work opportunities for car wrap advertising isn’t really feasible. To get good clients willing to pay you to wrap your car, you’ll almost always need a middleman willing to do the background check and come up with a marketing strategy.
If you decide that starting your own car wrap advertising business is the way to go, just beware it requires a ton of investment and licenses.
You’ll have to work out an ad campaign on your own, as well as negotiate rates and terms yourself. Instead, you can opt for gig economy companies, which do the heavy lifting for you.
Gig Economy Companies That Offer Renting Out Advertising Space On Your Car Work
Here are some legitimate companies that will pay you (sometimes via direct deposit!) to advertise on your car and provide a low-hassle passive income:
You can usually decide which companies you want to advertise for. The company you choose to go with will usually offer you a thorough report of how much money you’re being paid by the vendor.
Just beware that if you decide you no longer want to have the car wrap, you might have to pay early termination fees.
Why You Should Consider Renting Out Advertising Space On Your Car As a Side Hustle
Below are some of the reasons why you should advertise on your car as a side hustle:
- Passive Income Source: Car wraps allow you to get paid for driving around, which doesn’t require any extra effort if you have a long daily commute.
- Protects Your Paint: If you’re planning to resell your car in the future, vinyl wraps are a great way to protect your paint from chips and damage, preserving its value.
- Offsets Maintenance Costs: Placing ads on your car helps you cover maintenance costs and reduce your overall expenditure.
Problems With Renting Out Advertising Space On Your Car
Now, let’s take a look at some of the problems with renting your car out for advertising campaigns:
- Sacrificing Looks: Turning your vehicle into rolling billboards doesn’t always look great, even though you get paid to advertise on your car.
- Car Wrap Scams: There is a growing number of scam companies that ask for upfront payment to advertise on your car. Make sure that you avoid any such communication.
- Variable Pay: A legitimate company will take a lot of factors into account before they partner with you. The payment depends on a lot of factors, such as your car model, the route you usually drive through, and how long you drive, which can restrict your earnings.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Do Companies Pay for Ad Space?
Anywhere between $100-700. Factors such as the model you drive, how much of the car you’ll wrap, how long you drive, and the route you take can also influence your earnings. In addition, different companies offer different rates for advertising on cars.
What Industry Pays the Most For Advertising?
There isn’t any industry-specific trend for the most money spent on car ads. Big brands such as Microsoft, Google, Bud Light, and Wesbanco are slowly realizing how cheap and effective car ads are and are investing more.