Making Stickers to Sell
Our Side Hustles Breakdown
Making stickers to sell comes highly recommended for those with a flair for design. It’s a blend of creativity and commerce that appeals to various niches. Key concern: Understanding the market and staying updated with popular trends.
- Design Theft: Popular designs can be copied by others.
- Equipment Costs: High-quality printers and cutting machines can be pricey.
- Market Saturation: Many designers are venturing into sticker sales, so unique designs are a must.
- Popular Among Many Demographics: Stickers appeal to kids, teens, and adults alike.
- Low Production Cost: Especially when produced in bulk.
- Wide Range of Uses: From laptops to notebooks, the applications for stickers are vast.
If you go to a cafe and look at a bunch of laptops belonging to students or remote workers, you’ll likely spot a few stickers.
That’s not the only place you’ll see them, from your colleague’s mug or thermos to your teen’s mirror, stickers are everywhere.
That’s probably when you had your “aha!” moment. Making stickers to sell is a worthy venture, thanks to its profitability and ease of startup.
Stick around to learn more about starting a sticker side hustle, its benefits, considerations, and profit potential.
An Overview of Making Stickers to Sell: A Primer
Making stickers to sell is an exceptional passive income-earning method. You don’t have to be a skilled graphic designer to create these stickers, since most of your designs are available online through specialized websites like Sticker Mule and Sticker Ninja.
All you’ll do is print the sticker design on vinyl sticker paper and cut it out to reveal the final product. You can also use other methods, like drawing your preferred image using a marker on the sticker paper and cutting it off.
With various types of stickers available, you can distinguish your online marketplace presence with custom designs, depending on the target audience.
You can choose between a wide range of options, including bumper stickers and die-cut stickers.
How Much Can Making Stickers to Sell Earn You?
Stickers are one of the most profitable things to make and sell. If a single sticker costs about $1 to produce, you can sell it for $2.50, earning $1.50 in profit.
Creating deals is the winning marketing point in selling stickers. For instance, you can sell a bundle of five stickers for $11 or three for $8.
On average, each sticker can sell between $2 to $6, depending on its size and customizations. Profit-wise, that can entail high margins, going up to 80%. You can earn thousands in passive income with a side sticker business, reaching an annual $100,000.
How Much Does It Cost to Start a Side Hustle Making Stickers to Sell?
The startup costs involved in selling stickers vary depending on which business model you choose. For example, if you decide to create your stickers in-house and purchase all the machines and resources, it’ll incur a heftier fee than outsourcing your production.
In-house costs can average between $1,000 to $25,000. The more machinery you choose to invest in, such as vinyl sticker cutters, high-quality printers, sticker sheets, and cutting mats, the more you’ll have to pay.
In contrast, you can go through a cheaper route by using print-on-demand services and outsource fulfillment. With them, you’ll only need to create the design and let them print it and send it to your customers.
The prime cost, in this case, could be the design platform’s subscription, such as the Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator plan.
Even though the option is cheaper, it can reduce your overall profit margin potential since you’ll be paying off the third-party fees.
Where Can You Sell Stickers?
You can sell your stickers independently or utilize the gig economy’s extensive online marketplace.
Where to Independently Sell Stickers
If you plan on independently selling your stickers, you’ll need to create an in-house inventory and workflow.
You can rely on social media and email marketing for your sticker shop’s advertising efforts. After producing your products, you can start selling stickers on Etsy, Shopify, and Redbubble.
When using these selling methods, be sure to make your stickers stand out with high-quality images.
Gig Economy Companies That Offer Sticker-Selling Work
If you don’t want to deal with the logistics of selling your stickers online, you can enter the dropshipping marketplace instead.
Platforms like Shopify have print-on-demand services like Printify and Printful that can handle the printing, cutting, and shipping work.
Despite the convenience of this method, it lacks control on your end. Subsequently, you won’t know your stickers’ quality.
If you don’t want to do the design work, you can go to Alibaba and create a wholesale order. Then, dropship it to Shopify, where the inventory and shipping will take place.
Why You Should Consider Making Stickers to Sell As a Side Hustle
Selling stickers online is a popular side hustle and growing into a million-dollar marketplace. In 2022, die-cut stickers reached an impressive market size of $157.2 million in 2022.
From cheap startup costs to its high demand, here’s why you should consider selling stickers as a side hustle.
- Cheap Startup Costs: If you choose to dropship your stickers using print-on-demand services, you’ll save a lot of time and money on printing machines, the cutting process, and glossy paper.
- High Demand: With our large consumption of media and love of pop culture, stickers are the perfect merchandise. Whether you’re an anime fan or indulge in motivational quotes, you’re bound to find a sticker target audience.
- Ease of Shipment: Stickers carry little weight and hassle during the shipment process. You don’t have to worry as much about damage and high shipping costs.
Problems With Making Stickers to Sell
Before starting your sticker business, check out these points to consider.
- High Competition: Standing out from your competitors in the sticker marketplace is no easy task. You need to create unique designs to draw in your target audience.
- High Fees: If you use the dropshipping method of selling stickers, you can incur high fees from the commission, lowering your profit margin.
- Costly Equipment: If you intend to create an in-house sticker shop, you’ll have to pay high startup costs for the equipment, such as laser printers and sticker packs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Do Custom Stickers Sell For?
You can calculate the price of custom stickers by dividing the total cost by the number of stickers you’ll sell. For example, if you’re selling 500 stickers and the cost of production tallied to $450, the minimum price each sticker needs to be to break even is around $1.
Are Stickers in High Demand?
Stickers are in high demand. People buy them for various reasons, such as to showcase their love for a popular TV series or to reward a student’s high-achieving behavior. Overall, stickers offer a timeless appeal that’ll stay intact for years to come.