Posting Gigs on Fiverr
Our Side Hustles Breakdown
We recommend posting gigs on Fiverr as a side hustle. It’s a versatile platform that caters to various skills, from graphic design to voiceovers. Key concern: Standing out in saturated markets requires quality work and good client communication.
- Competition: Fiverr is a highly competitive marketplace.
- Fees: Fiverr takes a 20% cut from your earnings.
- Customer Issues: Handling difficult clients can be challenging.
- Flexibility: Choose gigs that match your skills and availability.
- Global Reach: Access clients from all over the world.
- Scalability: Increase your rates and offerings as your reputation grows.
Do you want a platform where beginner freelancers can kick-start their careers and successful freelancers can expand their market reach?
Posting gigs on Fiverr is the best way to connect with a vast network of potential clients actively searching for services—from writing and design services to managing administrative tasks.
An Overview of Posting Gigs On Fiverr: A Primer
Fiverr is a digital marketing platform where you can sell your services or showcase your skills to a global audience. It’s like a virtual marketplace for freelance and digital services, with over four million active buyers across more than 160 countries. Fiverr terms these services as ‘gigs.’
Fiverr is a platform open to individuals from different backgrounds and industries. With Fiverr, you have the opportunity to work with millions of clients worldwide—whether you’re a student, freelancer, graphic designer, or a professional exploring the side hustle culture.
How Does Fiverr Work?
You can earn in Fiverr by setting up a professional account, posting and attracting clients with your offers, and receiving commission for getting the job done. Individuals 18 and above can sign up for a Fiverr seller profile.
However, sellers can only activate their account or create gigs through a desktop.
When creating a gig post, it’s essential to craft a captivating gig title and provide a detailed gig description to attract more buyers.
Fiverr also reviews all seller accounts and gigs before making them available on the website. Once your account or gig gets approved and is on the platform, potential buyers can look up your services.
After determining their desired offers and services, buyers should pay Fiverr before confirming the order. The platform then takes a portion of the purchase amount to cover the service charge.
How Much Can Posting Gigs On Fiverr Earn You?
Earnest’s data reports that the average monthly income for most Fiverr sellers is $103, which constitutes around 70% of its respondents.
At the same time, 26% earn up to $499 per month, while there’s only around 4% earn about $1000 by posting on Fiverr.
There are also top earners earning six digits per year by posting gigs on Fiverr alone. One interesting example is evident in CNBC’s featured report about Alex Fasulo, a freelancer who makes over $150,000 by selling writing services on the platform.
For reference, Fiverr gig packages start at $5 per and can cost up to $20,000 or more for custom offers.
On top of the gig package price, sellers can earn additional through gig extras. Gig extras are add-ons you can include with your package (e.g., fast delivery and revisions), and you can earn from $5 to $100 for extra services, depending on your seller level.
What Is the Challenge in Earning Through Selling on Fiverr?
Note that Fiverr earnings vary per seller’s skill level and expertise; that’s why understanding the basics of Fiverr is vital in forecasting income expectations.
Moreover, if you’re a Level 2 and Top Rated Seller, you’re most likely to earn more. The demand for your services is a vital determinant, too.
How Much Does it Cost to Start a Side Hustle Posting Gigs On Fiverr?
Setting up a Fiverr seller account is free. Even upgrading to Fiverr Pro (the premium version of the platform, which allows freelancers to connect to high-profile clients and organizations) is also free of charge.
However, it’s essential to note that Fiverr takes a 20% service charge. This charge is taken from the amount you get paid after successfully completing an order.
Apart from that, there are no hidden or extra charges.
What Are the Best Gigs to Post on Fiverr?
Content writers, video editors, graphic designers, and web developers are in luck—their job description entails some of the highest-paying gigs on Fiverr.
Here are examples of in-demand and high-paying gigs on Fiverr with their corresponding prices, according to CNBC:
- Social media management (up to $675)
- Website building and design (more than $100 average price)
- Graphic design (up to $500)
- Business consultation ($100 to $500)
- Video editing ($58 average price)
- Proofreading and editing (maximum price of over $600)
Alternatively, you’ve probably heard about the Fiverr vs. Upwork narrative; in fact, the latter is an excellent platform for selling your services, too. You can also try Freelancer.com and FlexJobs.
Why You Should Consider Posting Gigs On Fiverr As a Side Hustle
Fiverr jobs are an excellent choice for freelancers seeking to monetize their skills and knowledge. Here are more reasons why marketing your services on Fiverr is worth trying:
- Secure payment systems and personal details protection: As a Level 1 PCI-DSS service provider, Fiverr complies with the standards in safeguarding their client’s personal and financial details throughout every transaction.
- More payment options: With Fiverr, you can process payments via credit/debit, PayPal, Payoneer, Fiverr Revenue, and more!
- User-friendly interface: Fiverr’s clean, straightforward, and intuitive website design allows sellers and buyers to browse through services and pending projects efficiently. You’ll also receive real-time notifications about deadlines, earnings, and more.
Problems With Posting Gigs On Fiverr
Being a seller on Fiverr may offer the advantage of networking with numerous clients, but there are several downsides to using the platform:
- Getting gigs takes time: Unfortunately, you can’t earn $500 overnight, especially as a beginner. Getting Fiverr clients to avail of your services can take weeks to months, and having a compelling portfolio and seller profile is vital in attracting potential clients.
- Sellers can’t withdraw their earnings easily: Fiverr processes payments for up to 14 days; until then, you won’t be able to get your money. There’s also an option to claim your payout instantly at 1% charge. However, you must meet eligibility requirements based on your performance history and adherence to Fiverr’s terms and conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some common questions about posting gigs on Fiverr:
Is it Free to Post a Gig On Fiverr?
Posting a gig on Fiverr is free, but it’s not unlimited. Given that fact, the amount of gigs or services you can post will depend on your seller level.
For example, new sellers can only create up to seven active gigs, while levels 1 to top-rated sellers can publish 10 to 30 active gigs.
What is the Most Lucrative Side Hustle on Fiverr?
The most profitable side gig on Fiverr is website designing, where you can earn up to $700 for a single project.
Starting on Fiverr was a game-changer for me. It took time to build my reputation, but now I have a steady flow of clients and a substantial income.