Making Car Air Fresheners to Sell
Our Side Hustles Breakdown
Every drive can become a sensory delight with a suitable car air freshener. This simple product, often overlooked, holds the power to elevate everyday commutes. By making unique, lasting car air fresheners, you enhance drives and open up an avenue for profit, turning fragrances into financial gains.
- Market Competition: Many brands – both big and small – offer air fresheners.
- Quality Control: Ensuring lasting scents and non-harmful ingredients is essential.
- Varied Preferences: Balancing different scent preferences to cater to a broad market can be challenging.
- Evergreen Demand: Cars are ubiquitous, and owners often seek fresheners for better driving experiences.
- Creative Freedom: Design, scent, and shape provide endless creative possibilities.
- Low Overhead Costs: Production and material costs can be quite manageable, especially when starting.
Are you struggling to make ends meet with your income from your main job? If so, you’re not alone, many people are searching for a side hustle to put some extra cash in their pockets.
Making car air fresheners to sell as a side business is an excellent idea to consider. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll give you the scoop on how to do so.
An Overview of Making Car Air Fresheners to Sell: A Primer
Making car air fresheners to sell is a great idea because of the huge demand there is for the product.
Additionally, you only need a few simple ingredients and a small period of trial and error to start making all kinds of scents that’ll make your customers’ road trips more pleasant.
Once you master this, you can start selling your products on many different platforms and make stacks of cash.
How Much Can Making Car Air Fresheners to Sell Earn You?
The formula to calculate how much you’ll earn when selling a product is simple. It’s the difference between your revenues and your costs.
Since car air fresheners don’t cost much to make, you can benefit from excellent profit margins even when you sell them at competitive prices.
If you have the right business plan, you can grow your air freshener business to bring in a six-figure income annually.
How Much Does it Cost to Start a Side Hustle Making Car Air Fresheners to Sell?
Although making car air fresheners involves combining many ingredients to create custom scents and authentic aromas, the ingredients themselves are usually inexpensive.
You’ll need raw materials like baking powder, essential oil drops, baking soda, synthetic fragrance oils, and fresh herbs. Additionally, you’ll need cardboard cutouts of the basic tree shape that car air fresheners come in.
All these supplies don’t amount to much startup capital and will allow you to make distinct products with amazing fragrances.
Your main cash outlays will be for your business license and renting a workspace to operate if you don’t have one at home.
Where Can You Sell Car Air Fresheners?
Another aspect to consider is where and how you’ll find customers for your car air fresheners.
You can rely on word of mouth or you can market your offerings on e-commerce platforms, such as Facebook and Craigslist.
Where to Independently Sell Car Air Fresheners
Even though relying on your neighbors, friends, and family is a viable option to spread the word about your products, we don’t recommend it as a primary platform.
You should rely more on e-commerce platforms to gain more exposure.
E-Commerce Platforms to Sell Car Air Fresheners
Here are some e-commerce platforms to sell car air fresheners on:
Facebook Marketplace is an excellent choice because it allows you to take advantage of the fact that millions of people use Facebook every day. You can also invest in sponsored Facebook ads to improve your chances of reaching your target audience.
Craigslist posts are also a great way to show potential customers what you have to offer. A major advantage of Craigslist is that it doesn’t charge you any fees for the sales you make. As a result, you get to keep 100% of the proceeds.
Many people have successfully used niche Instagram ads to launch profitable businesses. You can display your entire product portfolio on your Instagram shop.
From personalized air fresheners to commercial air fresheners and air freshener sprays, your Instagram shop will let people know you’re selling them.
Etsy shop is another great option to sell your car air fresheners. List your products on Etsy with detailed descriptions and high-quality photos for the best results. Note that Etsy takes a 6.5% fee from every sale you make.
Why You Should Consider Making Car Air Fresheners to Sell As a Side Hustle
There are a lot of advantages to starting a side hustle making car air fresheners and selling them. Here are some of them:
- Your costs of production will be low: Making car air fresheners doesn’t require expensive ingredients. As a result, your cost of production for each unit won’t be high. In turn, you can achieve considerable profit margins and rake in the big bucks.
- Car air fresheners are in high demand: Car air fresheners are popular items to sell because of their high demand. You can take advantage of this and sell tons of homemade car air fresheners on various platforms.
- There’s a lot of growth potential: Once the orders start rolling in and you have cash on hand, you can reinvest this money into your side hustle and grow it into a fully-fledged business. Over time, you may even no longer need your main job.
Problems With Making Car Air Fresheners to Sell
There are also some problems that may arise when you make car air fresheners to sell as a side hustle. Here are some of these issues:
- The market is highly competitive: Since this small business idea is accessible to everyone, you’ll be entering a highly competitive market. To succeed, you should have products that stand out from the pack and make customers choose you over the competition.
- You need to know what you’re doing: Making car air fresheners involves experimenting with and combining different scents. As a result, you may have a difficult time finding the right distribution of oils and making appealing scents when you initially start making car air fresheners.
- You’ll need to spend a lot on marketing: Since the market is competitive, your products can’t be your only point of differentiation. You’ll also need to market your products and develop a brand, and this costs money to do.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a couple of questions that people commonly have about making car air fresheners to sell as a side hustle:
What is the demand for air fresheners?
The air freshener industry is a multi-billion dollar one and is expected to double in size over the next ten years. Unsurprisingly, the demand for air fresheners primarily stems from the commercial, automotive, and residential sectors.
What is the cost of an air freshener machine?
Air freshener machines can widely vary in price depending on the machine’s type and brand. You can find options that start at $10, while other air freshener machines can cost over $100.