Gone are the days when we must line up for hours to purchase tickets for our favorite sports and shows.
You don’t even have to go outside your home to schedule a date!
Mobile platforms like SeatGeek offer services that make selling and buying tickets effortless.
As advantageous as they are, though, we can’t help but wonder about their reputability.
So, is SeatGeek legit? Is it as reliable as other people make it out to be?
In this post, we’ll discuss everything there is to know about SeatGeek. Let’s talk about how the service works and what the users think about the company.
- What is SeatGeek?
- Common Questions to Understand
- Is SeatGeek Legit?
- Is SeatGeek Reliable?
- Is SeatGeek Safe?
- What Are Users Saying About SeatGeek?
- Why Are People Worried About Using SeatGeek?
- SeatGeek Quality & Guarantees
- Does SeatGeek Offer Customer Service?
- Conclusion: Is SeatGeek Legit?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- SeatGeek Alternatives: Other Ticket Search Engines To Try
- Wrapping Up
What is SeatGeek?
SeatGeek is an online and mobile ticket aggregator. It’s a platform where people can purchase and sell passes for the hottest events, including concerts, MLB, and NFL tickets.
It’s a meta-search company that searches on behalf of its users. But it also does more.
As a search engine, SeatGeek will find ticket providers on the web. It then compiles the result and allows you to choose between ticket listings, complete with vital information for the user.
Jack Groetzinger and Russ D’Souza founded SeatGeek in 2009. Since then, the company’s grown to become one of the largest ticket resale platforms in the US.
How Does SeatGeek Work?
The primary service of SeatGeek is it permits purchasing and selling of PDF tickets. It brings event organizers and fans into a single platform, acting as a marketplace.
Users need only search for the show they want to attend. And SeatGeek will provide listings that include filters to narrow your options based on your preferences.
You can compare ticket prices for sporting event and shows throughout the US. Lucky users can even find sold-out tickets for popular occasions.
SeatGeek also provides interactive maps for its customers. Through this feature, users can choose the specific seating number they want with matching pictures of the view.
Selecting a ticket will take you to checkout. SeatGeek will then ask you to provide your contact information and mailing address for delivery.
You can use SeatGeek’s service through its website or the mobile app. And they accept payment using a debit card, credit card, and SeatGeek promo codes.
It’s worth noting that SeatGeek only sells digital tickets. After receiving your E-tickets, QR codes, or bar codes, you can contact the venue to confirm if they’ll accept mobile tickets.
Common Questions to Understand
We know you have a lot of questions about SeatGeek. So here are some of the most common questions asked by curious customers and their answers.
Why Is SeatGeek So Cheap?
SeatGeek admission tickets typically come from the secondary market. It means most ticket listings in the company’s marketplace are bought from box office venues and in resale.
The platform permits vendors to decide their ticket prices. Resellers can include pricing factors such as demand, seat positions, and personal costs.
For this reason, tickets bought from SeatGeek can be cheaper or more expensive than their original value.
Are SeatGeek Tickets Guaranteed?
Tickets posted in the marketplace come from licensed dealers and box office teams. They offer buyer insurance, so every transaction within the platform is guaranteed.
SeatGeek will ensure you receive your admission tickets before the event. Plus, they have marketplace policies in place to prevent suspicious vendors.
The company will provide replacement tickets for its customers in case of issues, such as postponed shows. Canceled events will receive a full refund from SeatGeek as well.
Do You Have to Print SeatGeek Tickets?
SeatGeek only permits e-tickets and barcode passes for shows and events. And in most cases, the venues get to decide whether they accept mobile admission tickets or not.
As such, customers may need to print a physical ticket copy before they can permit venue entry. Contact the venue or use the SeatGeek app to learn more about the event.
Luckily, SeatGeek will post whether buyers should print their tickets before arriving at the venue. You can easily access this information from the ticket section of the mobile app.
Is SeatGeek Legit?
Real fans know that admissions for popular events can be costly. And anyone would want to avoid burning money on fake ticket deals.
Fortunately, SeatGeek is a reliable market for event sales tickets. Its partners, seller policies, and buyer guidelines ensure a high-quality user experience.
- Reliable Policies: SeatGeek has a rigorous ticket-selling regulation to prevent scams and fraudulent offers. Its guidelines also ensure smooth and valid transactions.
- Buyer Guarantee: SeatGeek guarantees timely and accurate services for everyone. And they work on a case-to-case basis to resolve issues for every customer.
- Transparent Pricing: The platform requires sellers to include pricing factors. And users can enjoy listings with no hidden fees.
- Noteworthy Partnerships: SeatGeek is a proud partner of several sports teams and organizations. Some of these partnerships include the NFL, EPL, and NYC theaters.
- Extensive Experience: The company has been in service for over ten years since its founding in 2009, with a total funding of $400 million at the writing of this article.
Is SeatGeek Reliable?
Yes. SeatGeek is a reliable platform if you’re looking for on-time and guaranteed tickets.
The company is part of over 200,000 trusted merchant partners in the US. And millions of Americans use their service, with over 28 million app downloads in April 2022.
SeatGeek received commendations from various reputable organizations. It was named one of America’s Most Promising Companies of 2015, published in Forbes magazine.
SeatGeek’s 2022 NPS crowned it the number one ticket platform amongst major ticketing apps. It also received a similar rating on Trustpilot, with an admirable 4.3 out of 5-star reviews.
Is SeatGeek Safe?
Digital admissions can sound dubious for people who are used to buying tickets at venues. So what guarantees does SeatGeek provide to ensure customers receive what they pay for?
The company has rigorous policies when selling tickets on SeatGeek. It requires vendors to provide “accurate, complete, and timely information” for safe transactions.
If you sell tickets, you must comply with applicable laws and ordinances before posting. And SeatGeek will ask for your bank and personal details to ensure the validity of transactions.
The platform prohibits vendors from posting tickets they don’t currently have in their possession. They also ban suspicious listings such as the following:
- Stolen Tickets: The platform doesn’t allow listing tickets from dubious sources. As such, they enforce rigid identification procedures for each vendor.
- Non-Consecutive Seat Tickets: SeatGeek avoids selling passes with non-consecutive seat numbers. Tickets under similar listings should be adjacent to each other.
- Will-Call Tickets: The company has its methods for delivering tickets. So they don’t permit will-call passes or similar services.
- Flash Seats: SeatGeek bans selling admission tickets from third-party digital ticket providers like Flash Seats.
What Are Users Saying About SeatGeek?
Scouring the web for reliable information about services can be a daunting task. So we’ve collected several reviews from trustworthy sources, outlining the positive experiences of SeatGeek users.
What Trustpilot Liked About SeatGeek
Trustpilot is a business review website that collects genuine consumer feedback. Here are some SeatGeek advantages told by first-hand users.
- Easy to Use: Buyers and sellers laud SeatGeek’s fast and easy-to-use interface. People not savvy with technology can effortlessly navigate the website to search, sort, and purchase event passes.
- Best Prices: Trustpilot reviewers enjoy the affordable prices of the listings on SeatGeek. Price-conscious buyers also commend the company’s Deal Score algorithm.
- Honest Pricing: SeatGeek’s transparency is one aspect highlighted by reviewers. They prefer SeatGeek’s honesty on the prices, which includes the original ticket pricing and other additional fees.
What Google Reviewers Liked About SeatGeek
Google reviews are another excellent way to gauge customer satisfaction. Below are the points Google reviewers emphasize about the SeatGeek app.
- Fast Transactions: SeatGeek’s quick processing and delivery don’t leave users on wait for days. Buyers enjoyed seamless transactions even for events with less than five days to buy tickets.
- Customer Support: Customers applaud the swift customer service response of SeatGeek. They help resolve issues on ticket purchases long as they’re covered under the buyer guarantee.
- Comprehensive Listings: Google reviewers loved the interactive stadium map included in the listings, showing the vantage point and rows of ticket seats.
Why Are People Worried About Using SeatGeek?
Of course, no system is perfect, and any user can experience issues with any service. Here are some hitches you could encounter with SeatGeek, according to ConsumerAffairs reviewers and social media feedback.
What ConsumerAffairs Are Worried About
ConsumerAffairs, like Trustpilot, is a trusted platform for customer reviews and business news. And SeatGeek received a rating of 3.3 out of 5 from its reviewers for the following reasons:
- Limited Selection: SeatGeek doesn’t have the widest listings among ticket providers. The application also doesn’t allow searching by venue.
- Refunding Issues: Some users experience missed refunds from SeatGeek. You need to resell tickets on their platform or other websites to recoup your money.
- Potential Delay: As SeatGeek outsources from various sellers, you could experience delays in receiving tickets despite the 24 to 48-hour delivery guarantee.
What Social Media Reviewers Are Worried About
Social media websites offer consumers opportunities to voice their opinions and experiences. So we’ve outlined some SeatGeek reviews from different social media outlets.
- Potential Scams: SeatGeek bans selling fake tickets, but the website doesn’t have a ticket verification system. Scammers can take advantage of this loophole to sell tickets they don’t have or own.
- Final Sales Policy: Ticket sellers enforce an All Sales Are Final policy for every listing. If you order a ticket, SeatGeek won’t cancel, change, or refund it unless the issue is from the event or vendor.
- Partial Returns: Some ticket providers refund unused portions of your booking. Unfortunately, SeatGeek doesn’t offer partial refunds and only advises customers to resell excess passes.
SeatGeek Quality & Guarantees
SeatGeek is a fantastic way to get affordable, high-quality tickets. Below are some service quality and guarantees you can expect from SeatGeek:
- Detailed Listings: Vendors must describe every vital information the buyers should know. It includes the event name, time, date, row, and seat number of the tickets.
- 48 Hour Delivery: SeatGeek guarantees a 48-hour delivery before the event. You can receive your tickets through email (for E-tickets) or via UPS and FedEx.
- Price Disclosure: Every vendor must disclose the original price for the listed tickets. It enables users to compare prices effectively between sellers.
- Refund Policy Policy: SeatGeek will give replacement tickets in case of canceled events. However, they don’t permit refunds for buyer cancellations after placing an order.
- Seating Overview: Ticket listings include pictures of the view you’ll get. And SeatGeek will disclose if any obstructions can affect your experience.
SeatGeek’s seller warranty helps keep counterfeit sellers off the platform. Vendors listing a counterfeit ticket can pay 120% of the original ticket price.
Does SeatGeek Offer Customer Service?
SeatGeek offers exceptional customer support for its patrons. And they generally receive positive feedback from users who experienced hitches with their services.
In case of issues, the company advises customers to contact its support team immediately. You can do this by tapping “contact support” in the tickets section of your order details.
The help center answers common questions you have while using the platform. It provides comprehensive tutorials on placing orders, selling items, and payment processing.
You can visit SeatGeek’s official website to learn how to resell concert tickets. They also discuss seller and buyer policies you can access for free.
What Customer Service Options Are Available?
SeatGeek permits several methods of customer service options. Buyers can contact them through their official contact number, email address, website, or the SeatGeek app.
People who prefer active assistance can use their live chat support. SeatGeek offers this support feature within seven days of your event to prevent last-minute issues.
You can access personalized support by logging into the app as well. All contact support details are under the contact support information of every order.
Conclusion: Is SeatGeek Legit?
So how does SearGeek fare in terms of legitimacy? Can you trust the platform to buy event tickets for your favorite sporting event and show?
Yes, SeatGeek is a legitimate platform to purchase passes. And you can trust their services long as you follow buyer guidelines.
Millions use the search engine to find, buy, and sell tickets. And the company works closely with several noteworthy sports teams and organizations to deliver efficient services.
SeatGeek’s website and application are customer-friendly, with useful buyer features. They have a decent selection of affordable and high-quality ticket deals.
The company’s seller policies are exhaustive, ensuring secure agreements between vendors and customers. They’re transparent with their pricing, keeping customers informed.
SeatGeek’s customer service is responsive and helpful as well. They provide valuable tools and hands-on assistance for all sellers and buyers.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s natural to have questions if you’re new to mobile ticketing systems. So here’s a list of queries from other SeatGeek customers that can help you.
Can I Transfer Ticketmaster Tickets to SeatGeeks?
You can transfer mobile tickets from Ticketmaster to SeatGeek and vice versa. Mobile transfer methods like these are typically more secure than printed passes.
Forwarding tickets between the two platforms is easy. You can access these options through the “Accept Offer” section while using similar emails on Ticketmaster and SeatGeek.
How Long Does SeatGeek Processing Take?
SeatGeek processing time can take anywhere from 24 hours to 48 days.
It primarily depends on the type of tickets you buy, as physical event tickets can take one to two days to deliver.
E-tickets can reach your account faster with less than 24 hours of processing time. However, note that delayed ticket-release policies from venues can affect mobile pass purchases.
Can I Rely on Venue Pictures from SeatGeek Ticket Listings?
The company strives to provide the most accurate venue pictures. However, you can’t expect an identical stage view from your seat number.
Most pictures on their listing only provide views from the general direction of your seating. The good news is that vendors usually include area descriptions for the buyers’ perusal.
SeatGeek Alternatives: Other Ticket Search Engines To Try
Crunchbase listed over 1000 ticket reselling bodies in the US. So here are some quick SeatGeek alternatives to save you time:
- Is Vivid Seats Legit?: Vivid Seats is home to thousands of ticket sellers. They cater to millions of dollars worth of ticket transactions every year.
- Is StubHub Legit?: StubHub is another major competitor of SeatGeek banking on the concept of retail arbitrage. It’s one of the U.S.’ most prominent ticket exchange and resale platforms.
- Is SnapTravel Legit?: SnapTravel is an acclaimed travel-booking service from Canada. Its platform connects travelers with the hottest hotels and flight offers.
Nothing beats the feeling of finding tickets to our beloved shows. But what’s more thrilling is booking an affordable pass with perfect seating positions from the stage.
Buying tickets from SeatGeek can provide all of the above. It’s putting deal score tools to good use, that’s for sure.
Did you find this SeatGeek review helpful? Share it with your friends, and leave some thoughts in the comments section!