Are you looking to make extra cash with on-demand delivery services, but you’re not sure where to start?
Favor Delivery is a great platform for drivers who are looking forward to starting off in delivery services by running errands and delivering orders.
The best part is you don’t need to be the greatest driver ever. You just need to be punctual and courteous, and you’ll start earning a decent income as a Favor runner in no time.
In this article, we’ll guide you on how to become a Favor driver and what the requirements are for it so you can see if this job title suits your schedule and needs.
- An Overview of Becoming a Favor Driver
- What You’ll Need to Become a Favor Driver
- Is it Hard to Become a Favor Driver?
- How to Become a Favor Driver in Five Simple Steps
- Reasons to Consider Becoming a Favor Driver
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Similar Gigs to Check Out
- Wrapping Up
An Overview of Becoming a Favor Driver
As a Favor runner, your job is to make sure all of the customers’ orders are completed on time and in an orderly manner.
The primary responsibilities of Favor runners include picking up orders from locations and delivering them to their destinations.
Favor runners are assigned tasks from your Favor app, and this includes delivering food and groceries, dropping off packages at a certain address, prescriptions, and even collecting dry cleaning.
Aside from these pickups, runners are also required to complete returns or exchanges, as well as interact with customers and help unload groceries.
Note: The company is based only in Texas, so only Texan cities are covered by this delivery company.
How Much Do Favor Drivers Make?
According to Glassdoor, the average salary for Favor drivers goes from around $37,000 per year and up to $82,000 per year if you’re a veteran Favor driver with years of experience.
Favor usually sets your tasks’ rates at around $5, $10, or $15, depending on the distance and other factors like tipping.
How much you’ll make per task depends on your speed in accepting and completing the order in your current session.
What You’ll Need to Become a Favor Driver
You don’t need previous experience as a delivery driver to become a Favor runner.
To register your account to become a Favor runner, you will need to consider the following requirements:
- You must be 18 years or older: All Favor runners must be at least 18 years of age, and if you want to be assigned to deliver alcohol, you must be 21 years old.
- Own a vehicle: Since this delivery job covers more than just food delivery, you will need to have reliable transportation like a car or motorcycle. Many runners use a truck in case they’re assigned to deliver bigger items. Only Austin-based Favor runners are eligible to use bicycles during sessions. If you are interested in delivery service jobs that are bike-friendly, you should consider Uber Eats or Doordash.
- Have a U.S. I.D. and a driver’s license: Favor requires all drivers to have a valid driver’s license and proper identification documents.
- Have valid car insurance: Much like most delivery services, Favor requires you to have valid car insurance. So, if you haven’t already, make sure you update it to be insured of any accidents because Favor will not be responsible for any risks, as stated in their fine print.
- Successfully pass the Favor background check: Similarly to GrubHub, Favor requires all runners to pass their background check.
- Own a smartphone: Favor runners rely on the Favor Runner app in which they have their own runner profile. The app assigns them tasks and serves as a tracking and routing device, so it’s important to have a smartphone with the latest iPhone or Android updates.
- Have a bank account: If you want to get paid for working as a delivery driver, you need to have a bank account so you can get paid via direct deposit.
Please note that working as a Favor delivery driver means you’ll work as an independent contractor, so you’ll be required to pay taxes.
If you want to compare other delivery service apps, check out our guide for the best independent contractor delivery apps.
How Much Does it Cost to Become a Favor Driver?
To start off as a Favor runner, you don’t need money, and there are no hidden fees.
Favor Delivery will only issue you a free Runner Card that covers the cost of the delivery orders.
You can however buy the official Favor Runner Gear, but it’s completely optional because the company doesn’t oblige its workers to wear a uniform.
You can work as a Favor driver in your casual clothes as long as it’s appropriate to the dress code.
Is it Hard to Become a Favor Driver?
As long as you stick to Favor’s requirements for the onboarding procedure, becoming a Favor driver is not hard.
Before you can begin working as a Favor delivery driver, Favor will require you to go through an extensive onboarding process that may be hard for some assignees. More info below.
How Can I Maximize My Earnings as a Favor Driver?
To maximize your earnings as a driver, you should focus on completing as many delivery tasks as you can.
You’ll need to carefully plan your route, be aware of traffic jams, know when and where rush hour usually happens, and properly prioritize your orders.
Sometimes completing smaller tasks can earn you more than just rushing to complete longer distances in one session.
That’s why it’s important to be familiar with your local traffic patterns to fully optimize your session time.
Most importantly, customers can review runners that have completed their tasks in a timely and orderly manner.
The faster and more accurate you are, the better your Runner profile will be rated, and this will land you more work from the company.
How to Become a Favor Driver in Five Simple Steps
To successfully register and begin working as a Favor runner, you will need to follow these steps:
Step 1: Sign Up
First, you will need to sign up to become a Favor Delivery Runner.
Simply go to the Favor Delivery website, click the ‘Get Started’ button that’s near the ‘Deliver with Favor’ segment, and fill out the form with your personal information, availability, and other details.
Step 2: Pass the Onboarding Process
Favor runners must pass the onboarding process before they begin working, and this process requires them to watch video tutorials, driving tips, and guides on how to set up their account on the app.
The onboarding process includes an orientation check, a background check, safety training procedures, as well as customer service training that will teach you how to maintain an excellent customer service score.
The background check relies on their Runner Software Agreement which makes sure all drivers have a clean record with no recorded criminal activities.
Step 3: Get Familiar With The App
You will need to be proficient with the Favor app and know how to access the info for each order and necessary details like locations, routes, time management, claiming orders, and keeping track of your income.
Step 4: Set Your Availability
On the Favor app, you need to set your availability as precise as you can so that customers can rely on your timeframe for successfully completed deliveries.
You can add notes with important info when you’re available and which areas you cover. This notation system helps customers pick their designated drivers carefully.
Step 5: Start Earning!
The final step is to wait for customer orders, and as soon as a delivery pops up and you agree to the necessary details and route, you’re free to begin earning as a Favor runner.
Reasons to Consider Becoming a Favor Driver
Favor runners are the backbone of the company’s workforce. So, it’s no wonder this company offers lots of great benefits for its drivers.
Here are some advantages that make Favor stand out from the rest of the delivery service platforms:
- Guaranteed minimum pay: Favor guarantees a minimum payment that’s scheduled ahead of the delivery, so every successful delivery is paid without delay. Most importantly, even if you don’t receive delivery tasks you’ll be paid at least $10 per hour.
- Flexibility: Similarly to most delivery platforms, Favor runners are free to choose their own schedule. You are regarded as an independent contractor with a flexible time to work part-time, full-time, or other working hours as per the official Favor Agreement and Terms of Service.
- Possible bonuses: Favor runners are eligible for a bonus payment if they pick a busy priority shift that’s marked with a green star badge.
- Healthcare assistance: Favor has a partnership with KindHealth, a health insurance company that offers medical coverage, life insurance, and dental insurance for Favor runners.
- Auto insurance policy: Favor’s runner auto insurance policy has a third-party liability and contingent collision coverage, which can be a very attractive benefit for most runners and delivery drivers.
- Car maintenance discounts: A Favor runner can get a 10% discount for oil changes and car maintenance fees if they use Jiffy Lube service shops.
- Fun events: As a community-driven company, Favor host company meetups and fun events in Texas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Get Instantly Paid as a Favor Driver?
Yes, you can get paid and collect your income super fast as a Favor runner.
The Favor platform handles driver payment transactions via Uber Instant Pay. For a small fee, Instant Pay allows Favor runners to access their payments as soon as they complete a delivery.
Does Favor Pay for Gas?
No, Favor does not pay for a Favor runner’s gas.
All drivers are required to cover their own cost of gas. This is why it’s important to prioritize your routes and tasks for maximum efficiency.
Favor is only obliged to offer reimbursements like tolls and parking.
How Long Does it Take to Become a Favor Driver?
You can start working as a Favor runner as soon as Favor approves and registers you as a delivery driver. This process can take a day or up to a couple of days.
Similar Gigs to Check Out
If you’re interested in becoming a Favor runner but want to check out other options for comparison, take a look at our other service driving guides:
- How to Become an Uber Eats Driver: If Favor seems too complex for you, this guide will show you how to become an Uber Eats Driver. Uber Eats also has great benefits and advantages for drivers.
- How to Become a Lyft Driver: Not interested in delivery services? Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to become a Lyft driver if you’re interested in trying your luck with transportation services.
- How to Become a Door Dash Driver in 4 Easy Steps: Door Dash is also an excellent alternative to consider when choosing your options. This guide will show you how to become a Door Dash driver in just a few simple steps.
Favor Delivery is an Austin-based company that offers great job opportunities for drivers who are looking for a decent income.
Just make sure you have all the necessary documentation and follow the steps required, and you’ll start making deliveries the following day.