Becoming a certified arborist is very rewarding, but it doesn’t come without its challenges.
Luckily, there’s a company from Florida called ‘Word of Mouth Tree Service Inc.,’ and they encourage anyone who is willing to commit to the arborist career to come and join their ranks.
This guide will show you the ropes on how to become an arborist, how much you can expect from the Word of Mouth Tree Service salary, and set you up to become a certified tree service worker.
- Word of Mouth Tree Service: An Overview
- Common Job Positions at Word of Mouth Tree Service
- What It’s Like to Be a Word of Mouth Tree Service Worker
- Word of Mouth Tree Service Salary & Income
- Requirements, Skills, and Education: What You Need to Become a Word of Mouth Tree Service Arborist
- How to Become a Word of Mouth Tree Service Worker?
- Similar Careers to Word of Mouth Tree Service
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping Up
Word of Mouth Tree Service: An Overview
Here’s an overview of Word of Mouth Tree Service Inc.
Word of Mouth Tree Service can offer you rewarding opportunities to advance your career and have great positions for growth and development in the arborist niche.
Apart from most hobbies that make money, this profession requires a lot more than just commonplace experience, physical prowess, and knowledge.
What Is Word of Mouth Tree Service?
Word of Mouth Tree Service is a family-owned business based in Florida that offers arbor, lawn, pruning, tree removal, and stump grinding services.
Word of Mouth Tree Sevice has been in the biz for over 25 years, and it acts as a company with a low-cost form of marketing.
They rely on word-of-mouth advertisements from satisfied customers that have had first-hand experience with their high-quality service. It’s an astounding business model that has kept the company afloat for decades.
That’s why their staff of arborists is well-known for their sharp professionalism and exemplary customer service, gaining the trust of many neighborhoods in the Central Florida area.
What Does a Word of Mouth Tree Service Worker Do?
Your duties as a Word of Mouth Tree Service arborist include:
- Assessing the health of trees and local shrubberies
- Tee pruning, trimming, shaping, and maintenance services
- Tree removal
- Tree planting and fertilizing
- Stump grinding
- Diagnosing trees for potential diseases and pests
- Following safety protocols when using power tools
You may also be required to do emergency tree services, especially after severe weather events and hurricane season.
Apart from the hands-on work, your role may include:
- Assisting clients in ensuring tree health and prevention of diseases.
- Assisting clients with how to plant trees properly.
The company also requires its workers to be physically fit, have exceptional endurance and agility when climbing trees, and have expertise in power tool mastery.
Common Job Positions at Word of Mouth Tree Service
As of 2023, Word of Mouth Tree Service has three tree service positions that are constantly in demand:
- Arborist: An arborist is an expert that specializes in arboriculture and has extensive knowledge of the care and maintenance of trees. Sometimes called a ‘tree surgeon,’ an arborist is certified to give recommendations to preserve the health of trees, preventing and mitigating diseases, pests, and hazards.
- Tree Trimmer: A tree trimmer is also an arborist who prunes trees and shrubs. They are responsible for cutting off dead branches, tidying up the trees for their aesthetic value, and helping promote their proper growth.
- Tree Removal Specialist: A tree removal specialist is an expert on tree removal and knows how to effectively remove dead trees, stumps, and invasive species of trees.
Other professions in the Word of Mouth Tree Service company include crew supervisors, climbers, groundsmen, and mechanics.
Where Can a Word of Mouth Tree Service Worker Work?
Word of Mouth Tree Service is a company that only offers services in Florida.
Their tree service workers cover residential and commercial properties and recreational areas like lakesides, orchards, and golf courses.
They can also be hired by municipalities for the maintenance and cleaning services around public areas, nurseries, and parks.
What It’s Like to Be a Word of Mouth Tree Service Worker
Here’s an in-depth look into the main professions of a Word Of Mouth Tree Service so you’ll know and understand what to expect as a tree arborist.
Is Being a Word of Mouth Tree Service Worker Difficult/Stressful?
A company like this demands professionalism, expertise, and unwavering commitment because its main focus is customer recommendations granted from high-quality service.
There’s no doubt this career is physically and mentally demanding.
Workers in these roles often scale trees, rely on absolutely precise calculations, and operate heavy equipment. These are tasks that require sturdy physical health and exceptional endurance to deliver service that goes beyond client expectations.
Arborists at Word of Mouth must also be capable of advocating for themselves and establishing strong communication between their staff teams and clients.
Some arborists may also be required to work on the weekends or be responsive to on-demand calls in case of an emergency.
Word of Mouth Tree Service Work Hours & Schedule
While the Word of Mouth Tree Service company has fixed working hours, some of their positions require flexible schedules in case of unprecedented weather conditions and hurricane season events.
Tree service workers usually have active working hours during the spring and summer seasons. Their daily schedules mostly cover early mornings for weekends.
As for the winter working hours, depending on the area and weather conditions, there’s rarely work in contrast to the summer period.
Does This Job Position Embrace Work/Life Balance?
Most of the professions in Word of Mouth Tree Service have a well-balanced work/life relationship.
This is a family-owned business that greatly values its crew, functioning as a close-knit organization with strongly integrated employees.
But the company isn’t exactly one of the best jobs for work/life balance, since the working hours require absolute commitment.
The crew must know how to organize themselves to prioritize flexibility so that some available workers can fill in for others during busy schedules.
This is exactly why most of their crew are experienced and certified in various arborist positions. Nevertheless, burnout and exhaustion are always a possibility, so keep that in mind.
Word of Mouth Tree Service Salary & Income
Check out the latest statistics and see how much you can make working for the company.
How Much Do Word of Mouth Tree Service Workers Make?
Word Of Mouth Tree Service doesn’t disclose their salaries. However, according to Zip Recruiter for the statistics of August 2023, the average annual salary for tree trimming specialists and grounds maintenance workers was around $53,000 with an hourly pay of $25.
For comparison with the previous year, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that for the tree pruning and grounds maintenance industries since May 2022, the average wage estimates were around $47,000.
How Do Word of Mouth Tree Services Workers Get Paid?
The Word of Mouth tree service workers are paid for their services via:
- Credit/Debit cards
Requirements, Skills, and Education: What You Need to Become a Word of Mouth Tree Service Arborist
To become a Word of Mouth Tree Service worker, there are a couple of important things you will need to have like:
- Relevant work experience
- Certain skill sets for arborist experts
As per the Word of Mouth Tree Service standards, these are valuable assets that are required if you want to work as a tree service arborist.
What Education Does a Word of Mouth Tree Service Need?
Besides an obligatory high school diploma, there are no formal education requirements for becoming a Word of Mouth Tree Service worker.
Granted, having an arborist education will still boost your efforts in landing a job in the Word of Mouth Tree Service Company, but what matters is your time and effort to build a reputation as a tree service worker.
Your chances of landing this gig will increase if you have a type of certification from the International Society of Arborists.
This certification is required, particularly if you want to be involved in the job position of pruning, maintenance, pesticide handling, and potentially hazardous procedures like tree removal near powerlines.
The ISA certificate will grant you the credentials of an ISA-certified arborist, and it’s crucial for demonstrating your expertise in the field to the demanding position at Word of Mouth.
What Experience Does a Word of Mouth Tree Service Need?
Most tree service companies, including Word of Mouth, seek individuals with at least two years of experience in tree trimming, pruning, and removal and a sound understanding of equipment and safety procedures.
Don’t worry if you have no dedicated arborist degrees; you can cultivate your expertise through hands-on practice, laboring, and internships within tree service companies. Overall, a relevant level of experience is a must.
You can gain this expertise via practical, hands-on training and apprenticeship opportunities. Start out small with landscaping gigs in other tree service firms. You can even start your own landscaping business if you feel it’s a much more lucrative gig.
What’s the Skill Set Every Word of Mouth Tree Service Worker Needs?
Additional skills that may help you land this gig include:
- Advanced knowledge of the safety protocol
- Exceptional mental and physical condition
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Some company roles in Word of Mouth may also require a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record, so keep that in mind.
Who Should Consider Working as a Word of Mouth Arborist?
Working for Word of Mouth Tree services is for anyone with:
- Physical and mental fitness: If you’re a physically and mentally strong individual who knows how to work under pressure, this field might be for you.
- Long-term interest in trees: This rewarding field is an excellent pathway for those seeking long-term opportunities in arboriculture or forestry. If you feel good in the great outdoors and you’re fascinated by trees, this job might be for you.
- A preference for job flexibility: Finally, if you have no problem working flexible shifts, the on-call demands might be for you, as you will learn to appreciate the extra dollars that come with the surprise schedules.
Who Should Not Consider Working as a Word of Mouth Arborist?
Working as a Word of Mouth Tree Service arborist has serious challenges and can be hazardous for most people.
The job requires working in extreme weather conditions or hurricane season, making it potentially risky for those in poor health. Here are some points to consider:
- Health issues: If you have health issues like back problems or have trouble with physically demanding job positions, you should not consider working as a Word of Mouth Tree Service arborist.
- Nerve-racking shifts: The job demands handling heavy machinery and often working at significant heights, so if you have a fear of heights or you believe you’ll have trouble handling heavy machinery, this career may not be for you.
- Flying solo: Finally, arborists typically work independently, so those who prefer constant supervision might find it difficult.
How to Become a Word of Mouth Tree Service Worker?
Here’s a short guide on how to become a Word Of Mouth Tree Service worker.
Where to Find Word of Mouth Tree Service Opportunities?
Word Of Mouth Tree Service operates in Altamonte Springs, Florida, so this job position is only viable for persons who are nearby or live in this state.
Applying for the Word of Mouth Tree Service Gig
To apply for the job position as an arborist for Word of Mouth, contact the company via phone or email at the bottom of their page.
Briefly state your business, ask them if there’s an open position, and send your CV, resume, and certifications via PDF files, and their receptionist will see to it that your message is heard.
Word of Mouth Tree Service does not have a web platform for employees but feel free to contact them if you feel like starting off in this career.
Interviewing for the Word of Mouth Tree Service Gig
Word of Mouth Tree Service has stringent requirements for interviewees who are looking to start off in their business.
You can expect questions related to your tree service work history, certifications, expertise, and the arborist fields you feel you excel.
To properly ace the interview, you must have the relevant experience to prove your competence because this company has high professional standards.
Remember to properly prepare your CV, list out relevant work info, and be cordial with your future employer.
How Do I Prepare for Applying to Becoming a Word of Mouth Tree Service Worker?
Ensure you have developed your expertise, skill set, and knowledge from previous tree service agencies and landscaping gigs.
Since it’s a serious job position, you must also read their safety procedures, granted once you’ve contacted their employers and have read the paperwork and guidelines.
If you’re a rookie, try to land some training programs, tree service apprenticeships, and other side gigs that offer experience working as a professional arborist.
Similar Careers to Word of Mouth Tree Service
If you’re interested in similar gigs, here are some solid alternatives for making money with your experience:
- On-demand moving apps: If you’re a driver and you’re interested in earning income via apps, there are many on-demand moving apps that provide excellent opportunities to make a quick buck.
- How to start a pressure washing business: If you have a pressure washer, here’s an in-depth guide on how to start your own business to clean and maintain all kinds of surfaces like carpets, lawns, driveways, and others.
- Get Paid to Listen to Music: If you love listening to music every day, believe it or not, there are many platforms that let you listen and review songs for money. You can also write reviews for the songs you listen to for extra cash.
- How to start a lawn care business: Here’s a guide on how to start your own successful business for lawn care if you feel that the tree arborist career is a demanding one.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Advertise a Tree Service?
The easiest way is via Google Ads, but you can also try social media ads via Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Another method for advertising your business is through business cards and flyers, and you can always hire a freelance marketer to do the heavy lifting for you.
How Do I Get More Leads for a Tree Service?
Marketing your small business is easy if you know your potential customers and define your target audience.
To get more leads for your tree service, you can create a foolproof email marketing strategy by sending your customers discount codes or by raising brand awareness.
In today’s ever-shifting gig economy, among the best side hustles on the Internet lies a true career that can help you grow as a person. One way to earn a decent income is by choosing a serious job position like a tree service worker.
A company like Word of Mouth Tree Service is a highly professional one that’s true to its name, relying on absolute expertise and high-quality service.
That’s why you must be at the top of your arborist and lawn maintenance game, and you should shoot your shot with your ISA certificate, which will significantly increase your chances of becoming a certified arborist for the Word of Mouth Tree Service company.