The world we live in has slowly transformed into something out of a science fiction novel.
Our private lives are in the cloud, from our favorite dessert to where we like to shop for our groceries. And if you own a business, then your professional life is also probably operating online at some level.
From an economic standpoint, that’s great because it means better access to the products to bring in more customers, boost traffic, and increase sales.
Since SEO can virtually make or break an online business, we’re looking at ways to resell SEO services. Luckily, it’s easy to do!
- Is It Possible to Resell SEO Services?
- What Is the Value of SEO Services?
- Things to Consider When Reselling SEO Services
- Where to Resell SEO Services
- What You’ll Need to Resell SEO Services
- How to Resell SEO Services: Step-By-Step Instructions
- Can You Make Money Flipping SEO Services?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Similar Tutorials to Check Out
- Wrapping Up
Is It Possible to Resell SEO Services?
Yes! Reselling Search Engine Optimization (SEO) isn’t only possible, but it can also be quite profitable.
There’s no denying that more and more companies go online. As such, reseller SEO services have become one of the most effective digital marketing strategies they can rely on to boost sales and give them that competitive edge.
In addition, it contributes to increasing website traffic by generating leads.
What Kinds of SEO Services Sell Well?
The downside to selling white label SEO services is that the rules are constantly changing. That’s why SEO companies came up with 12 different services to stay ahead of the game. These services range from Technical and Local SEO to On-Page and Off-Page.
Yet, one of the highest-selling reseller services has to be the white hat. This unique form of technical SEO includes using highly descriptive meta-tags filled with keywords.
What Is the Value of SEO Services?
Typically, SEO freelancers charge between $75 and $100 an hour, while professional consultants can charge between $100 and $150 an hour. So, it’s not exactly cheap.
However, if a client is serious about taking their online business to the next level, then white label SEO services are one of the best investments they can make.
This is because, without it, it’ll be more difficult to make online sales. With SEO, a business website can rank higher on a browser’s Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
There are several great browsers available, but since Google holds more than 80% of the market share, it’s the most popular. That’s why most SEO services focus more on Google’s algorithms and search features.
By having your website come up as one of the first 5–10 search results, it becomes more trustworthy and reliable in its field. This eventually leads to the building of a trusted brand, which leads to brand loyalty.
Do SEO Services Lose Value Over Time?
Since Google’s algorithms are constantly evolving, it’s highly unlikely that SEOs will go away completely. However, there’s always the possibility they may lose value and traffic to a particular website.
This can happen for two reasons.
One reason is that our search criteria are also rapidly developing and changing. In other words, what qualifies as ‘high-quality’ SEO today may not be the same in five years, maybe even less.
The second reason is that a white label SEO service is only as good as the practices put into place to enforce it. Without them, any website will take much longer to see results, if any at all.
Things to Consider When Reselling SEO Services
Now that we’ve talked about the importance of selling SEO services, let’s talk about a few factors to consider before starting.
Take a look.
- Avoid overly aggressive digital marketing efforts: Google prefers implementing a more friendly approach to show customers that you’re genuinely willing to help them.
- Ask questions: get to know a client’s SEO background and who their competitors are so you can decide if their needs are within your price range and time frame.
- Understand your prospects: qualifying your prospects makes it easier to determine if their SEO needs are within your capabilities, and also allows you to plan actionable steps for your proposal to make a winning sales pitch they won’t be able to refuse.
- Provide report samples: clients need to see a clear picture of what you can do for them like a summary of some interesting analyses and insights, and how they can help their business grow.
Where to Resell SEO Services
Here are some of the best ways you can start consulting for money and selling your SEO services.
1. Selling SEO Services to Warm Leads
Warm leads are clients who seek out your SEO services on their own. They already know how important SEO is for their business, and they’re ready to hear your proposal.
All you have to do is draw out a compelling SEO strategy and scope proposal. This will help clarify what they can expect and how you can help them reach their online business goals.
2. Selling SEO Services as an Add-On
This technique can unlock more earning potential and possibly set you apart as an SEO specialist.
In this scenario, you’ve established a rapport with a certain client. This could be after working on a recent web project or doing some of their digital marketing.
So, the client is already sold on you as a reputable agent. The next step is to get them sold on you as an SEO provider by becoming a consultant. You can do this by pointing out various opportunities where their business can benefit from SEO. Since they see you as a trusted partner, they’ll have no reason to say ‘no.’
3. Selling SEO Services to Cold Contacts
Cold contacts are clients you’ve never worked with before in any capacity. Yet, you’ve identified them as an ideal fit for your SEO agency.
Cases like this depend mostly on your ability to prospect new clients and get them on board with your vision. You have to convince them that your SEO strategies can increase their traffic rates tenfold, which ultimately means better SERP ranking and increased revenues.
What You’ll Need to Resell SEO Services
Here are some of the tools of the trade you’ll need before embarking on your SEO sales journey:
- A professional email: avoid going with traditional emails like @yahoo or @gmail that scream ‘generic’
- A website: displaying your propositions and sales pitches permanently where millions can access it will save time and valuable resources
- A CRM: a practical tool that helps you better manage your time and resources so you can stay on top of every lead and nothing slips between the cracks
- A list of people from your network: these are individuals you can reach out to when selling your SEO services to local businesses to help you get the word out and smooth any bumps along the way
How to Resell SEO Services: Step-By-Step Instructions
Here are the steps you need to take to start selling SEO services.
1. Highlight your ideal prospect
Are you selling to a warm lead? Then, this means you’ll need to do thorough research to make sure that the business and its impending website are a good fit with how you structure and execute your SEO approach.
If you’re selling your services to clients with an existing website, this means you’ll need to do discovery into the areas that need the most work. This includes looking at the following:
- Missed opportunities
- Lacking content
- Link profile
- Technical aspects
- Keyword relevance
- The overall website structure
- Potential page SEO
2. Gather additional business context about each prospect
Each client has specific needs when it comes to their business. That’s why it’s vital to ask the right questions concerning various factors like the timeframe, authority, and budget.
Having this data makes it easier to address the areas of business the client wants to focus on. It also shows that you’ve paid attention to who they are as a business, what they prioritize, and what they consider to be more profitable.
It also allows you to focus on the best prospects for your SEO sales agency. After all, if a certain project isn’t within your price range or your capabilities, why waste time and resources?
3. Assess how your SEO services can help them
Warm leads may not have enough content to launch a fully functioning site. This means that you may have to start with content creation before setting up any SEO-related growth efforts.
Be clear with your clients and walk them through the steps. This will avoid any problems that may arise due to increasing budgets later on down the road or the dreaded scope creep.
Creating a set of questions can help you create the ultimate SEO reseller package. Here are a few examples:
- Have you worked with an SEO agency before?
- Do you have a set marketing budget?
- What challenges have come up in your business? How did you resolve them?
- What’s your measurement of SEO success?
4. Determine Your Pricing Strategy
This step helps regulate how much revenue you can generate. It’s also a reflection of your professional standards as an SEO agent.
For example, setting a high price point means quicker revenue, but you’re likely to get fewer clients. On the flip side, aiming too low will attract more clients, but take longer to generate any profit.
So, try to come up with the most competitive price plan that showcases what you’re capable of. Besides compensating for your value, it should also generate revenue.
Below are the four basic SEO pricing models you can choose from:
- Hour-based pricing: Used mostly by freelancers, this pricing model depends on knowing approximately how much time it’ll take to complete the task. Rates range from $100–$250 per hour
- Package-based pricing: Similar to being on a retainer, this model is often used by content marketing and SEO professionals. It offers a fixed rate for a range of SEO services and is more suitable for tiered pricing with fees ranging from $500–$5,000
- Results-based pricing: SEO specialists and resellers set up a list of metrics, such as the number of leads, traffic, or conversions, and charge accordingly. Fees start at $150 and can go up to $1,000, sometimes more
- Project-based pricing: This model charges a fixed price for the entire project and requires a detailed work-of-scope proposal upfront to avoid delays or undue SEO work. Prices start at $500 and go up to thousands of dollars, depending on how complex and time-consuming a project could be.
5. Make the sales call
After getting to know more about a client’s business, its target market, and the various opportunities available to it, it’s time to make your SEO sales call. During this call, you’ll be able to present your findings and plan of action.
You can then follow up on this call up with an email. Map out how you intend for the SEO campaign to work, the tasks involved, and any deliverables.
The email should also include your pricing strategy. Make sure you pick a strategy that reflects your work ethic while still bringing in a well-deserved profit.
6. Get a sign-off
After your client has gone through your proposal and work of scope documents, it’s time to get their approval via an official sign-off sheet.
Fortunately, there are several great third-party proposal software available that can make this step quick and seamless.
Download the program, upload all the necessary files, and it’ll do everything for you, from getting the sign-off from the client to handling the deposit transactions.
Once everything is in place, you can book a campaign kick-off call with the client and get the ball rolling.
Can You Make Money Flipping SEO Services?
Over the past couple of years, flipping SEO services, also known as flipping websites, has become somewhat of a lucrative business. Yet, it pays to have basic SEO knowledge and know what to look for when it comes to buying websites.
One way to get started is to build a website empire, preferably one that’s affiliate-based to help you generate income from advertising.
This way, when you sell it, it’ll be worth much more than its initial investment. According to Flippa, if a website has an average monthly earnings of $1,000, it could be worth five times that!
You can also buy websites whose owners no longer see any growth potential. Then, you can come in with your unique skillset, improve on them, then sell these websites for a profit.
Make sure you find a reputable broker, like Empire Flippers, who provides a platform where you can safely buy and sell websites.
What Is an SEO Services Resale Business?
This type of SEO outsourcing business provides digital marketing agencies and other prospects with various SEO reseller services without the need to hire an in-house team of SEO experts.
An SEO company works to supply clients with everything they need to improve and enhance their online presence. This includes offering a digital marketing service, content creation, link building, and PPC advertising.
Is Reselling SEO Services a Good Way to Make Money?
Definitely, thanks to the ever-growing number of businesses operating online. This means more and more people are looking for effective strategies to increase website traffic, build a brand, attract new customers, and boost sales.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Benefits of SEO Reseller Services?
Reselling SEO is a way to make a sustainable profit. Plus, it allows you to implement effective marketing strategies that your prospects’ business may be lacking.
As an SEO reseller company, you also get to help clients achieve a greater degree of online visibility. In addition, it does away with the idea that they have to employ an in-house SEO expert, making it more cost-effective.
Is SEO Easy to Sell?
SEO reselling services can be profitable. Yet, whether you’re managing a white label SEO agency or working freelance, you need to have a good understanding of the various search engine optimization techniques.
You also need to know how to apply these techniques to boost your clients’ online traffic, sales, and conversion rates.
Similar Tutorials to Check Out
Does the idea of resale appeal to you, but you’re looking for something else rather than reselling SEO services?
Here are a few ideas that could prove interesting:
- Resell White Label Courses: these courses or learning materials are pre-designed by one company, then sold to a second company. The buying company tweaks and adjusts the courses to make them a better fit for the company brand then brands the courses as their own.
- Resell Dedicated Servers: this service offers web hosting to clients via a Dedicated Server. In other words, the buyer is the single user of all the resources on the server for maximum online authority and security of their website.
- Resell WordPress Hosting: by reselling WordPress hosting, you provide businesses with the ability to sell web hosting services as their own. They can also rent out part of their hosting space to other clients as a way of creating multiple WordPress accounts under one brand.
Reselling SEO services can be quite profitable as long as you understand the hidden workings of search engine algorithms. Once you crack that code, the sky’s the limit for your resale business and your clients’ websites.
Interested in learning about the intricacies of SEO resale? Let us know what you think in the comments below. You can also share this post so others can learn what it takes to break into this lucrative business.