Are you looking for a flexible and rewarding way to make extra money? If so, a part-time work-at-home job could be the right fit for you.
People seek part-time jobs for all kinds of reasons. Some people want freedom and extra money, while others look for opportunities to build their skills.
Whatever your reasons are, you can find something that fits your interests and skills.
To make it easy for you, we’ve compiled a list of the seven best online part-time jobs you could consider.
- An Overview of Online Part-time Jobs
- Best 7 Online Part-Time Jobs Overview
- Why Should You Consider an Online Part-Time Job?
- Top Places to Find Part-Time Jobs Online
- 1. BELAY – Best for Virtual Assistant Jobs
- 2. WritersWork – A Budget-Friendly Job Board for Freelance Writers
- 3. Tutor.com – A Trusted Platform for Online Tutors
- 4. Rev – Best Place to Find Transcription Jobs Online
- 5. LinkedIn – Best Professional Networking Site for Social Media Managers
- 6. Fiverr – A Perfect Online Marketplace for Personal Trainers
- 7. Upwork – The Largest Freelance Marketplace for Web Designers
- What You’ll Need to Do Part-Time Jobs Online
- Tips to Find Part-Time Jobs Online
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping Up
An Overview of Online Part-time Jobs
- Virtual Assistant
- Freelance Writer
- Online Tutor
- Social Media Manager
- Personal Trainer
- Web Designer
Where to find the best TYPE Jobs:
Best 7 Online Part-Time Jobs Overview
This work-from-home dream is for anyone who’s willing to reach for it. Here’s a roundup of the best part-time jobs (in no particular order) you can consider:
1. Virtual Assistant
As a virtual assistant, you work as an independent contractor handling several administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings, drafting emails, data entry, answering phone calls, and more.
How much can you earn? An average of $17.55 per hour.
2. Freelance Writer
Freelance writing is an excellent way to make easy money on the side without sacrificing your regular day job. You can set up a profile or website and start writing for clients. You can get paid per project, hour, or word count.
How much can you earn? An average of $25.14 per hour.
3. Online Tutor
Online tutoring is one of the best flexible jobs you can get if you’re looking to supplement your income by teaching. You can teach various subjects or languages, depending on your expertise.
How much can you earn? An average of $14.85 per hour.
Transcribing can be a perfect part-time job if you’re skilled at typing and have a good ear for languages. This is a great way to earn a steady income with flexible work hours.
How much can you earn? An average of $18.58 an hour.
5. Social Media Manager
If you’re social media savvy, you can manage the social media profiles of businesses and organizations looking to build a solid online presence. You also get to work with a variety of brands and clients.
How much can you earn? An average of $17.90 an hour.
6. Personal Trainer
Being a personal trainer is a great way to pursue your passion for fitness and generate extra income. You can train people to reach their health goals in-person, online, in group, or even one-on-one sessions.
How much can you earn? An average of $28.56 an hour.
7. Web Designer
For those with artistic skills, website design offers plenty of part-time opportunities. You get to work with top tech companies, create eye-catching web pages for them, and earn good money.
How much can you earn? An average of $31.25 an hour.
Why Should You Consider an Online Part-Time Job?
After years of commuting to an office, a part-time job can be a dream job. People seek part-time online jobs for many reasons. Here are a few of them:
- Work-Life Balance: One of the greatest perks of having a part-time gig is it helps you maintain a better work-life balance. This way, you can make time for your other commitments, such as your family, friends, and your health.
- More Flexibility: It gives you the chance to focus on life events as they happen (marriage, caring for children, a spouse transfer, health issues, etc.). You can set your hours per week, choose your clients, and balance other commitments, such as pursuing hobbies.
- Gain Experience or Build Skills: A job on the side is an opportunity to get a grip on your career and gain some experience. They enable you to learn new skills and network with like-minded people in your field.
- Financial Independence: The main reason why people look for part-time gig jobs is to supplement their income. Having a part-time job allows you to take control of your financial future. The extra income means you can pay your bills and save more money.
Top Places to Find Part-Time Jobs Online
Here are some of the best platforms where you can find legit part-time jobs:
1. BELAY – Best for Virtual Assistant Jobs
BELAY is one of the best virtual solutions companies that provides a platform for individuals looking for rewarding VA jobs that fit their experience levels, skills, and interests.
- Connects clients to VAs
- Provides training and support to aspiring VAs
- Provides opportunities to network with other VAs
- Takes a cut of the freelancer’s pay
- A lot of competition for VA jobs
2. WritersWork – A Budget-Friendly Job Board for Freelance Writers
WritersWork is a perfect website for freelance writers. Apart from a regularly updated list of freelance writing jobs, it offers a comprehensive suite of tools and services to help writers succeed in their careers.
- Provides career training and writing tools in one place
- Offers a Freelancers Marketplace for all kinds of writing jobs
- Helps writers to build a portfolio of their work
- Access to writers’ resources, such as text editor, spell and grammar checker, etc
- Requires a membership fee, which could be a drawback for writers on a budget
- Some of the jobs listed are low-paying
- Some users complained about the refund policy
3. Tutor.com – A Trusted Platform for Online Tutors
Tutor.com is a well-established platform that connects students with expert tutors in more than 250 subjects. As tutors, you can communicate with students via live chat, audio, or video call.
It’s a flexible platform that allows you to make a difference by ensuring students receive quality education and support.
- 24/7 on-demand access to tutoring
- Flexible work schedule and timely payments
- Legit company with decades of experience and multiple academic awards
- More freedom and independence
- Access to time slots is limited for beginners
- Low pay, according to some tutors
4. Rev – Best Place to Find Transcription Jobs Online
Rev is a suitable platform for people looking to earn money transcribing from anywhere they want. You can choose from hundreds of jobs depending on your level and expertise and get paid weekly.
- Rev hands out weekly payouts
- Access to hundreds of updated jobs
- No limit to how many projects you can take
- No cost to get started
- Multiple awards in their portfolio, which ensures credibility
- Stringent grading system, which may affect earnings and job opportunities
- Job availability can fluctuate, which may affect the income
5. LinkedIn – Best Professional Networking Site for Social Media Managers
LinkedIn is a professional networking site and a popular job board for finding social media manager jobs online, both part-time and full-time. As one of the world’s most reputable work-related platforms, this is a great place to find employers and network with others.
- Easily search for jobs by industry, location, and specific keywords
- Network with other social media managers
- Get plenty of job opportunities that match your experience and skills
- Takes effort and time to market your skills and build a portfolio
6. Fiverr – A Perfect Online Marketplace for Personal Trainers
Fiverr is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for freelance services that connect individuals and businesses with all kinds of talent. This is a great place to find personal training jobs if you’re not sure where to look for one that fits your level and lifestyle.
- Great platform for beginners
- No bidding is required to offer services
- Access to a vast global marketplace
- Easy to set up a freelancer profile
- Can be difficult for beginners to land their first few gigs
- Strict policies compared to other platforms
7. Upwork – The Largest Freelance Marketplace for Web Designers
Upwork is the most popular online marketplace for independent contractors looking for remote web designer jobs. You just have to sign up as a freelancer, and Upwork will match you with the right job opportunities that best align with your skills and interests.
- Secure payment system
- Access to a large pool of clients
- Every work is rated, which attracts potential employers
- A robust messaging and collaboration platform
- Access to a wide variety of projects
- Fierce competition, which makes it tough for beginners to get projects
What You’ll Need to Do Part-Time Jobs Online
There are several key skills that can be valuable to help you succeed in various roles, such as:
- Communication Skills: This is certainly the most important skill you’ll need when working part-time. Remote jobs often require clear and effective communication through several digital channels.
- Time Management: Because you’ll be working a second job on top of your regular nine-to-five work, you need to create a routine to effectively manage your time and meet deadlines. These skills are crucial for balancing your part-time work with other commitments.
- Problem-Solving: The ability to identify and solve problems can be a valuable quality when working remotely.
- Knowledge of Digital Tools: Effective collaboration is the key to working in a remote environment. It requires extensive use of digital tools, such as project management systems, video conferencing platforms, time tracking tools, invoice generators, and more.
Tips to Find Part-Time Jobs Online
Here are some tips to get you started in looking for an online part-time job that doesn’t affect your current one:
- Take Your Time to Research: Research and identify the best job search sites that connect employers with the right talents. Define your niche and then find a platform that specializes in that type of work.
- Focus on a Few Employers: Submit fewer applications and only for jobs you feel strongly about or those matching your skills. Rather than doing 100 applications, do 10 for the ones you really want.
- Look Out for Scams: Do a quick Google search of the company with the word “scam” and see how many search engine results show up. Some job posts sound too good to be true, so watch out for potential scams.
- Tailor Your Resume: You must address your resume to the job description you’re applying for to make an impression. Keep your resume updated, highlighting all the relevant skills and experiences specific to the job.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Safe to Look for Part-Time Jobs Online?
Like with any other online activity, job hunting carries some risks. For instance, there are job scams everywhere, which can make searching for legit jobs a little challenging.
Keep an eye out for such scams by carefully researching a company or a job, and you’re good to go.
Is It Hard to Get a Part-Time Job?
It’s not hard, but getting started takes some effort and time, especially if you’re looking for your first part-time remote job. Finding a legit part-time job that matches your skills and goals is possible depending on how well you market yourself.
The gig economy offers plenty of opportunities for those looking to make extra money through part-time jobs. Having one is a great way to get a paycheck for doing something you love and are skilled at doing.
Hopefully, our article will help you find your calling and the right part-time job that best matches your interests and career goals.
Do you have any questions? Leave them in the comments section below, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
If you loved our article, feel free to share it with others who’d be interested in an online part-time job.