Are you having trouble finding a reliable service for delivery that takes cash as a form of payment? You are not alone.
Finding a delivery service that accepts cash can be challenging due to personal preferences, a lack of digital payment options, or security concerns.
Fortunately, we have your back. Whether you need groceries, takeaway food, or quick doorstep deliveries, this article will explore the world of cash-accepting delivery services.
We also included helpful advice on how to track down respectable companies that accept cash on delivery.
- The Best Cash-Accepting Delivery Service [At a Glance]
- Delivery That Takes Cash (An Overview)
- Best Cash Accepting Delivery Services: Our Top 3 Options [Ranked & Reviewed]
- Notable Mentions: Other Cash Accepting Food Delivery Services to Check Out
- An Overview of Deliveries That Accept Cash Payments
- Features to Look For in Cash-Accepting Delivery Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Other Companies Relevant to Cash-Accepting Delivery Services
- Wrapping Up
The Best Cash-Accepting Delivery Service [At a Glance]
What Is the Best Food Delivery Service Accepting Cash Payment?
One of the top delivery services that accept cash payments is DoorDash.
It has strengthened its position as the industry leader in the US for online food deliveries, with a market share of 65%.
It accommodates cash on delivery payments, and you can choose other methods, such as credit or debit cards. Customers have a variety of ways to cover their food delivery costs.
What Is the Most Versatile Delivery Service That Accepts Cash Payment?
DoorDash is one of the most versatile food delivery services.
In addition to providing food delivery, DoorDash also offers grocery, spirits, and beauty product delivery.
This food delivery app offers customers various options, making it the go-to platform for different delivery needs.
Thanks to its enormous selection of partner restaurants and nationwide coverage, it accepts cash on delivery.
Delivery That Takes Cash (An Overview)
We’ve included an overview of our top picks below. For detailed information on each pick, scroll down.
- DoorDash: Our Pick
- Grubhub: Runner Up
- Uber Eats: Also Great
- Instacart: Most Convenient
- Delivery.com: Multi-Service Platform
- Seamless: Best for Connecting Businesses and Restaurants
- EatStreet: Best for Gourmet Food
- Deliver00: Hyperlocal Marketplace
- Toast Takeout: Best for Local Restaurants
Best Cash Accepting Delivery Services: Our Top 3 Options [Ranked & Reviewed]
Explore our top three picks for cash on delivery services and make an informed choice for your convenience based on their pros, cons, and features:
1. DoorDash: Our Pick
With over 20 million monthly active users, DoorDash’s broad network of partner restaurants, user-friendly interface, and cash option have made it a popular food delivery service among diverse customers.
Key Features of DoorDash
- Dash Pass: Users who subscribe to DashPass pay a monthly subscription of $9.99 in exchange for free delivery and lower service fees on purchases over $12. These money-saving advantages also apply to eligible grocery shop orders of $25 or more.
- Yum Score: This feature measures the standard of the food and how well a restaurant collaborates with DoorDash to guarantee quick and efficient delivery. This feature helps customers make informed decisions about their orders.
- Contact-Free Delivery: DoorDash recognizes the value of safety and provides customers and workers with a delivery instructions box that enables them to indicate where they want their meals delivered to achieve contact-free delivery, promoting convenience and a hygienic experience.
- All-Rounder Convenience: DoorDash stands apart in the market thanks to its all-rounder capabilities, which offer a one-stop shop for various delivery demands. Users can purchase groceries, cosmetics, pet supplies, and delicious meals from their preferred eateries.
- Delivery Tracking and Scheduling: Users of DoorDash have access to real-time delivery tracking, which allows them to track the journey of the delivery driver. They can also schedule delivery at convenient times or decide to pick up their food orders themselves and track the delivery driver, offering convenience and flexibility.
Pros of DoorDash
- Good recommendation engine: DoorDash features a recommendation engine that makes it simple to explore other cuisines by guiding customers to new restaurants based on their preferences from past orders.
- Attractive Deals & Discounts: DoorDash provides customers with attractive discounts, deals, and free delivery from affiliated chains of restaurants and grocery stores.
- Easy-to-Use Platform: DoorDash offers a user-friendly food delivery app and website that streamlines and simplifies ordering. Customers can place orders, track deliveries, and easily explore menus.
Cons of DoorDash
- Delivery Fees and Additional Charges: Particularly for smaller or farther-off eateries, DoorDash imposes costs like delivery and service charges that affect the overall cost of the order. Taxes, menu items, and other additional tips are also included.
- Various delivery fees and times: Delivery costs and timings may change depending on the restaurant and location. Although this provides convenient options, it also means that the total cost of an order and the delivery time may vary, especially during busy times, compromising consistency.
- Limited availability in some areas: Despite DoorDash’s vast presence, it has a smaller geographic footprint than other choices, such as Grubhub. It might not be accessible in all towns or areas, which would restrict certain potential users’ access.
Based on distance and demand, DoorDash charges a delivery fee ranging from $1.99 to $5.99 in addition to the items ordered.
DoorDash’s operations and restaurant partnerships are also supported by a service fee of about 10% of the subtotal.
Conclusion: Should You Choose DoorDash?
DoorDash stands out among all other food delivery services and provides customers convenience, student discounts, and reasonable delivery prices.
Given its user-friendly design, reliable monitoring options, plus the bonus of grocery delivery, DoorDash is the best overall option for individuals searching for convenience and variety in their delivery experience.
Grubhub, one of the largest food delivery services in the nation, was founded in 2014.
With over 715,000 daily orders for its 32 million active customers, Grubhub connects people to their favorite neighborhood food chains and delivery drivers and offers an easy online ordering process.
Key Features of Grubhub
- Grubhub+: Offers members unique advantages such as unlimited free food delivery services on purchases of $12 or more from restaurants within Grubhub’s network and a monthly free pickup meal valued at $10.
- Live Tracking: This feature offered by Grubhub enables customers to watch the status of their order in real-time, including when it’s being prepared, picked up by the delivery driver, and the route for delivery.
- Search/Filter: Grubhub’s search and filter tool lets customers locate restaurants and particular dishes based on cuisine type, location, reviews, and other preferences.
- Activity Dashboard: Grubhub offers an activity dashboard allowing users to view and manage their order history, track delivery, and access vital account information all from one place.
- Gift card management: Grubhub makes it simple to manage and redeem gift cards, enabling users to swiftly spend the balance of their gift cards to place food orders.
Pros of Grubhub
- Extensive Reach: With a vast network of more than 365,000 restaurant partners spread across more than 4,000 locations nationally, Grubhub is one of the biggest food delivery businesses in the United States.
- Strong Customer Support: Grubhub provides strong customer support via various channels, including chat and phone assistance. Users can phone for instant support or participate in a live chat on the Grubhub website. These support solutions assist at any moment and are accessible round-the-clock.
- Multiple Payment Options: Grubhub ensures a seamless and hassle-free payment experience to accommodate every user’s preferred payment method. Alongside cash, options include Venmo, PayPal, Apple Pay, Android Pay, credit and debit cards, and Google Pay.
Cons of Grubhub
- Varying Prices: Prices differ significantly between menus and locations since Grubhub has no direct control over how much local restaurants charge for their orders.
- Order Threshold: There may be a minimum order requirement for some restaurants.
- Order Accuracy: On occasion, consumers may encounter problems with order accuracies, such as missing goods, incorrect orders, or the wrong condiments. Although this is not a common issue, it can be upsetting when clients receive something different from what they anticipated.
Every purchase carries a 2.9% service charge, a delivery fee that varies (usually $5.49), and a minimum order requirement from some restaurants.
Although it is not necessary to tip, it is traditional to leave a 15% tip to appreciate the delivery driver’s work.
Conclusion: Should You Choose GrubHub?
Grubhub is an enticing food delivery alternative if you value user-friendly features and crave a variety of dining options.
It offers customers a simple interface with live order tracking, easy restaurant search, and order management while enjoying the benefits of Grubhub+ and flexible payment options for a convenient dining experience.
Uber Eats: Also Great
Uber Eats brings the convenience of its ride-sharing app to the world of food deliveries.
It was introduced in 2014, and since then, it has rapidly grown in popularity, maintaining an 81 million user base while offering its services worldwide.
The platform allows users to browse menus, place orders, and have their favorite food delivered right to their door without much hassle.
Key Features of Uber Eats
- Eat Pass: After a free trial of one month, Uber Eats offers a monthly membership plan for $9.99. Subscribers get free delivery on all orders, special perks, and a 5% discount on purchases from competent retailers that total more than $15.
- No Rush Savings: To receive discounts on regular orders, select the “No Rush” option at checkout. Your order will be added to a waiting list, causing a slight delay in delivery.
- Pre-orders: Pre-ordering food through Uber Eats ensures prompt delivery even when you’re short on time. Whether it’s an hour or even a week in advance, you may easily place an order.
- Uber Eats Loyalty Rewards: Earn exclusive rewards and deals by ordering from your favorite restaurants. Enjoy discounts, free delivery, and more when you meet specific criteria, such as a particular number of monthly orders or a specific amount threshold.
- AI-driven personalization: UberEats uses advanced technology for intelligent curation, displaying enticing food photos and suggesting local restaurants based on user preferences. Users can explore personalized food options with a simple tap, creating a convenient and tailored ordering experience.
Pros of Uber Eats
- Great Restaurant Pairings: Uber Eats provides various food choices from many partner restaurants, satisfying various desires and eating preferences, ranging from new places to local favorites.
- Store-to-door delivery: Eliminates the need for driving, standing in a queue, and parking to get your food.
- Reasonable Pricing: Uber Eats is an affordable choice for ordering food because of its competitive pricing. Food delivery app users can browse menus, compare pricing, and find pocket-friendly meal options.
Cons of Uber Eats
- Order Cancellation Difficulties: Restaurants often accept orders fast, making it difficult to cancel an order on Uber Eats and receive a complete refund.
- Delays in Delivery: Because of factors like traffic, weather, and restaurant preparation hours, Uber Eats delivery timings may vary, and drivers might not be on time every time. Even though efforts are made to give accurate predictions, delays can occasionally happen.
- Temperature Variations in Delivery: For longer delivery distances or during peak hours, food may not arrive as hot as requested or somewhat cold.
Uber Eats Pricing
The delivery price comprises a service fee (about 5% of the order subtotal), a delivery fee that varies based on location, and a tiny order fee for orders less than a specified value.
The last one can be waived if you add additional products to your orders.
Conclusion: Should You Choose Uber Eats?
With a large selection of restaurants and tailored recommendations, Uber Eats provides a practical platform for meal delivery.
Despite possible drawbacks like order cancellations and delivery delays, the service’s affordable prices and excellent features make it a compelling choice for pleasing your appetite.
Notable Mentions: Other Cash Accepting Food Delivery Services to Check Out
There are other excellent food delivery services you can consider when paying with cash:
Instacart: Most Convenient
Instacart is a top-rated grocery delivery service that offers household goods and, in select stores, alcohol.
With a vast user base of over 13.7 million active customers and an extensive network of approximately 600,000 delivery personnel, Instacart efficiently handles your grocery needs, allowing you to focus on other tasks.
Why is Instacart a Great Option?
With Instacart, you can customize your orders and enjoy various benefits like same-day delivery, cash deliveries, and access to over 1,100 grocery stores.
It offers a seamless grocery shopping experience with live support and the ease of Instacart Express membership.
Drawbacks to Instacart
While Instacart offers convenient grocery and home product delivery, it falls short of our top three contenders due to its limitations in not offering food delivery services from restaurants.
This lack of versatility makes it less ideal for customers looking for a delivery platform with several uses.
At Instacart, an order must be at least $10 or above to be eligible for delivery.
Customers can enjoy the convenience of having groceries delivered to their door for delivery fees starting at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35.
Members of Instacart+ can get free delivery on purchases from retailers of $35 or more.
Service charges may vary depending on the customer’s location and what they have in their cart.
Delivery.com: Multi-Service Platform
Delivery.com is an American online store and food delivery service founded in 1995 that enables customers to order conveniently from nearby restaurants and shops for on-demand delivery.
It’s also the go-to employment opportunity for countless people in the gig economy.
The company has over 3 million members and provides access to over 19,000 businesses, including restaurants, grocery and liquor stores, and laundry services.
Why is Delivery.com a Great Option?
Delivery.com offers various delivery options, including food, groceries, and alcohol, as well as laundry and dry cleaning.
It’s a handy one-stop solution for all your needs because of its broad reach and ability to schedule pickups and drop-offs.
Also, the possibility of group ordering reduces the need for recurrent delivery while allowing cost-sharing.
Drawbacks to Delivery.com
Delivery.com’s restricted reach is a significant drawback, especially compared to our other, more established food delivery services.
This means that Delivery.com might not be accessible to all regions, preventing many people from using its services.
Users can access Delivery.com for free, although some places have temporary service fees.
You are advised to contact Delivery.com directly for further information.
In 2005, it opened up its services to the public and works with more than 12,000 restaurants today, providing services to more than 4,000 businesses, and has more than 2 million members in the US and the UK.
Why is Seamless a Great Option?
Seamless provides a wide selection of restaurants and cuisines without additional costs. It offers comprehensive menu options, contact-free delivery, and food or location-based browsing ease.
Drawbacks to Seamless
Seamless lacks versatility and additional features like multiple deliveries compared to other food delivery services.
The discounts offered are less appealing, and its narrower reach in certain areas means fewer restaurant choices for customers.
Orders with a subtotal of $12 or more (before tax, tip, and fees) are delivered for free, but only for Seamless+ qualified restaurants.
Additional expenses, such as a service charge, might be charged depending on the order, restaurant, and location.
EatStreet: Best for Gourmet Food
The company was founded in Madison, Wisconsin, in 2010, and since then, it has expanded to include a network of over 15,000 eateries in more than 150 areas across the nation.
Why is EatStreet a Great Option?
EatStreet is a standout choice for residents in smaller towns and cities like its origin Madison, Wisconsin.
Unlike competitors focused on larger cities, EatStreet prioritizes underserved areas, providing convenient food delivery with various restaurants and cuisines.
Drawbacks to EatStreet
The other side suggests that focusing on smaller towns and cities may result in fewer options and less extensive services than competitors in larger areas. Limited restaurant selection may disappoint users seeking a broader range of cuisines.
Delivery costs on EatStreet vary depending on the restaurant, and extra charges could be applied at checkout.
These fees are essential to sustaining EatStreet’s operations and providing a broad range of excellent eateries.
A hyperlocal marketplace linking customers, restaurants, and riders, Deliveroo was established by Will Shu in 2013.
It serves millions of customers in ten countries and offers quick deliveries and online tracking through partnerships with thousands of eateries and retailers.
Why is Deliveroo a Great Option?
Deliveroo succeeds in offering carefully selected, high-quality restaurants that give customers a smooth experience.
A significant user base is drawn to it because of the simple registration process, food options, and convenience.
Drawbacks to Deliveroo
Deliveroo has faced service issues, including a server crash causing lost orders.
It also has a higher delivery fee compared to other delivery companies.
While restaurants with food delivery drivers set prices, Deliveroo bases its delivery fees on your location. There is also a service charge that is determined before any discounts.
A minor order fee is also imposed for orders lower than the restaurant’s minimum.
Toast TakeOut: Best For Local Restaurants
Toast, a well-known restaurant management software, created the smartphone app Toast TakeOut to make ordering food, delivery, and pickup from restaurants easier.
Customers can quickly browse menus, place orders, and make payments from their cellphones or pay cash with Toast TakeOut.
You can also track your orders and know exactly when to expect the delivery driver.
Why is Toast Takeout a Great Option?
By avoiding commission costs with Toast TakeOut, you can directly support neighborhood eateries, ensuring your money benefits the community.
Drawbacks to Toast Takeout
Limited app functionality, fewer ASAP delivery alternatives, higher delivery prices in some places, and sometimes constrained delivery possibilities based on location are some of Toast Takeout’s downsides preventing it from being one of the top 3.
Toast Takeout Pricing
The third-party company determines the Toast Takeout delivery fee, which varies depending on the area and driver’s availability. Usually, there is a set rate between $1.99 and $7.99.
An Overview of Deliveries That Accept Cash Payments
Delivery apps that accept cash payments have become a practical and accessible choice for people looking for delivery services.
Before diving into the details, let’s look closer at the topic.
What Is a Cash Accepting Delivery Service?
A platform or service provider that enables customers to make purchases and pay for delivery using cash payment is known as a “Cash-Accepting Delivery Service.”
With it, customers can place orders online or through a mobile app and choose to pay in cash, along with other payment methods, such as debit cards, when the delivery arrives at their doorstep.
Why Are Cash Accepting Delivery Services Important?
Cash-accepting delivery services are essential in satisfying clients’ various needs and preferences.
They are mindful that not everyone can use or feels comfortable using digital payment methods, such as Android Pay, Apple Pay, or Google Pay.
Due to financial safety concerns, some users can be weary of connecting their credit and debit cards to their delivery apps. Instead, they prefer to keep their bank account away from food delivery platforms.
By accepting cash, these food delivery services bridge the gap and ensure the inclusion of people who favor or rely on cash payment due to their comfort level with technology, lack of a bank account, or restricted access to credit or debit cards.
Do I Need a Cash-Accepting Delivery Service?
Whether you need a delivery service that accepts cash depends on your personal needs and preferences.
A food delivery service that takes cash payment may be the best option if you prefer to pay with cash, have limited access to a digital payment method, or value the privacy and security that cash transactions offer.
Features to Look For in Cash-Accepting Delivery Services
These key features can elevate your experience with cash on delivery services, whether they’re food delivery, package delivery apps, or other:
1. Availability in Your Area
Confirm that the delivery apps you opt for are available in your region. Check their service coverage map or availability in your zip code to determine if they can meet your delivery demands.
2. Delivery Tracking and Time
The food delivery service should have reliable and timely operations. Look for features such as real-time order tracking of the delivery driver, estimated delivery times, and notifications to keep you informed about the status of your food delivery.
3. Wide Merchant Network
To give you a selection of possibilities for selecting orders, ensure the service has a broad network of partnered merchants, such as food chains, supermarkets, or other retail places.
4. Pricing Transparency
Verify pricing transparency, considering delivery costs and all other additional costs.
Before you place your order, be sure the food delivery service offers a clear breakdown of expenses. This can help you make informed decisions and steer clear of unpleasant surprises when it comes to payments.
Many delivery apps provide perks like discounted service fees or free deliveries, so look for these extra incentives when choosing food delivery companies.
5. Safety and Security
It is wise to prioritize quality cash on delivery services, increasing clients’ and delivery staff’s safety and security.
This might include possibilities for contactless deliveries, hygienic guidelines, and background checks of the delivery driver.
6. Integration with Digital Services
While cash payments are the main focus, it can be advantageous if the business enables integration with electronic payment methods.
Customers switching to electronic payments in the future may benefit from this flexibility.
Look for options beyond connecting your bank account, such as Google Pay, Apple Pay, Android Pay, and more. These provide a simple way to connect a new payment method to your food delivery app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Track My Order When Paying Cash on Delivery?
Yes, the majority of cash on delivery services provide order tracking. The service’s food delivery app or website typically lets you track your order and receive real-time information on its progress and estimated delivery time.
How Will I Make the Cash Payment if I Don’t Have an Exact Change?
Most food delivery services will allow you to pay large bills in cash and get change from delivery drivers if you still need to get exact change for the cash on delivery payment.
Having the amount closest to the total order value is usually ideal to ensure a seamless transaction.
Other Companies Relevant to Cash-Accepting Delivery Services
Here are some other company roundups you might find helpful:
- 10 Best Food Delivery Services In 2023: Check out the websites and apps that help bring food to your doorstep in 2023, no matter which payment method you prefer.
- 9 Best Alcohol Delivery Driver Apps: These companies help make sure you’re always stocked with your favorite drinks.
- 9 Best Trivia Apps: These websites are a fun and effective cure for boredom you need to check out now.
DoorDash wins this review by far since it provides convenience, variety, and affordable costs.
With its enormous reach and excellent customer service, Grubhub is a strong runner-up, while Uber Eats offers a massive array of restaurants and personalized recommendations.
Remember to evaluate your preferences in addition to the available options and ratings. Select the best food delivery services for your needs.
If you found this post helpful, share it with your loved ones, and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.