Vlogging, especially making YouTube videos, is a favorite pastime and profession for many.
Of course, you could use a smartphone and a tripod to shoot YouTube videos, but it is always better to get a dedicated camera for YouTube.
I know that cameras are costly, but what if I could help you find a good cheap camera for YouTube?
Yes, you can get good lower-budget cameras to shoot YouTube videos way better than smartphones.
Although smartphones are great for recording short clips, Instagram Reels, etc., the cameras I have featured in this article have many features, including live streaming.
Obviously, you want to look your best when you show off your cooking skills or yoga poses or simply record your travel trip.
However, you also need crystal clear sound recording with a good-quality built-in microphone.
- The Best Cheap Cameras for YouTube (Overview)
- What to Look for in a Cheap Camera for YouTube
- Best Cheap Cameras for YouTube in 2023
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Best Cheap Cameras for YouTube (Overview)
The only 4K camcorder on this list
A complete package for all vloggers by presenting
A beginner level camera that exceeds expectations
Full List of Cheap Cameras for YouTube
We’ve included an overview of our top picks above. For a full list and detailed information on each pick, scroll down.
- Best for 4K Recording: Rosdeca 214KM
- Best for Full HD Recording: YEEHAO 2053STR
- Best for Zooming: Panasonic HC-V180K
- Most Affordable Camera for YouTube: Kicteck 604s
What to Look for in a Cheap Camera for YouTube
Now, before you get to the list, let’s have a look at three important aspects you need to keep in mind to find the best cheap vlogging camera:
- Resolution: There are three resolutions commonly used nowadays, and those are: 720p (HD), 1080p (Full HD), and 2160p (4K Ultra HD). Most vloggers use 720 and 1080p. 2160p is gradually becoming commonplace but not replaced by the other two.
- Stabilization: This is unimportant if your broadcast is about applying makeup, and you can use a tripod. But many YouTubers shoot outdoors. To avoid the natural shaking caused by the cameraman’s walk, the lens should have an image stabilization system.
- Autofocus: This is also necessary for vlogging. Indoors is much easier since the environment can be controlled, and fast movements are absent. However, Autofocus is a must if you are shooting outdoors.
Without further ado, let me present you with the most efficient cameras for YouTube on a budget.
Related: Get paid to sell pictures online
Best Cheap Cameras for YouTube in 2023
Whether you’re starting on your YouTube journey or already have an established channel and now you want to buy a secondary camera – whatever stage you’re at, worry not! I’ve got you covered.
Here, I review some of the best options that you can consider for vlogging, keeping in mind the good-performing cameras in budget.
1. Best for 4K Recording: Rosdeca 214KM
The Rosdeca 214KM is the only 4K camcorder on this list that has everything to amaze you.
Its UHD resolution enables it to shoot wonderful videos, and the 48MP sensor gives you satisfying outcomes. It’s totally fabulous for all your YouTube needs.
Rosdeca 214KM Video Quality Sample
The wide-angle lens gives you an extensive view of things, making the process of video-making a comfortable one.
When I bought it, I got the adapter ring packed with the camcorder.
You’d need this ring for mounting the lens on the camera.
Besides its IR night vision technology, which is in-built for this camcorder, I also liked its time-lapse photography mechanism.
I took some brilliant shots with this.
Moreover, its perfect image-handling capacities made us enjoy everything better through the lens than bare eyes.
After installing the NovaCam app on the phone, this remote-controlled device becomes easy to use.
Connect the Wi-Fi and control it from your phone.
I was happy to find out that it can record videos even while charging.
It comes with lots of accessories.
HD OUT cable, camera bag, USB cable, 2 camera batteries, wide-angle lens-hood, and many more products are packed with this camcorder.
I loved its extremely effective 16x digital zoom.
You get awesome pictures of faraway objects.
- 4K video recording
- WiFi connectivity
- Comes with an extra battery
- Comes with an external microphone
- Supports SD cards of up to 128GB
- Built-in memory
- 4K UHD seems to be 3K
2. Best for Full HD Recording: YEEHAO 2053STR
YEEHAO offers a complete package for all vloggers by presenting.
Now you can shoot without any extra headache.
The camcorder supports tripods of standard range so that you can give your hands a little rest.
What I liked the most is its IR night vision feature.
I had many of my shoots during the evenings, and when I used this camcorder, I got perfect videos and high-definition images.
My job was made easy with Wi-Fi connectivity.
I just had to connect it with a smartphone, and then uploading and downloading files became hassle-free.
In addition, you can control the camera even from your phone.
Its professional 0.39x wide-angle lens helps you record anything you want, large or small.
I took exclusive videos of tiny insects with their macro lens.
The lens-hood protects it from accidental damage and helps in controlling excess light.
16x zoom helps you create some excellent videos.
YEEHAO 2053STR Video Quality Sample
I loved the external microphone that records clear sound and increases the quality of your vlog.
The best part is you can use this camcorder even while charging.
I found the infrared remote-control feature to be excellent.
It is simply the best camcorder for YouTube video shoots.
- WiFi connectivity
- Great image quality
- Supports external microphone
- Easy low-light and night-time shooting
- Comes with accessories
- Battery performance isn’t good
- WiFi gets disconnected at times
3. Best for Zooming: Panasonic HC-V180K
The Panasonic HC-V180K features 50x optical zoom and 90x intelligent zoom.
It is perfect for recording YouTube videos of 1080p format in both dark areas and well-lit ones.
Panasonic HC-V180K Video Quality Sample
One of the major downsides of this camera is that it lacks Wi-Fi connectivity.
So, unlike other Panasonic camcorders, you can’t use it for picture-in-picture video recording using your smartphone.
The camera’s Back Side Illumination Sensor or BSI sensor suppresses noise even if you are shooting in areas with low light.
This sensor is handy if you are shooting nightscapes or making videos at home.
It helps you with taking beautiful images with vivid details.
The Crystal Engine of the video camera allows you to shoot videos in slow motion.
In addition, the noise reduction feature allows capturing sharp HD images quietly.
The camera provides filters such as Silent Movie, 8mm Movie, Miniature Effect, and Time Lapse recording.
These filters enable you to shoot videos according to the situation at hand.
In addition, the microphone of the camera is adept at blocking wind sounds.
- Excellent zooming
- Great battery backup
- Night Scenery feature
- Incredibly affordable
- Includes a mini-HDMI to HDMI hub
- Doesn’t support external mic
- No WiFi connectivity
4. Most Affordable Camera for YouTube: Kicteck 604s
Kickteck has come out with a beginner level camera that exceeds expectations. The Kicteck 604s comes with a carrying case, a video input cable, a charger, and two batteries.
It supports HD 1080p quality videos, which makes it a great product. This vlogging camera is a perfect product for making Youtube videos and home videos. The sound is suitable for both.
Kicteck 604s Video Quality Sample
The camera works only with SD cards. It does not come with an internal memory of its own.
The best option is to buy an SD card of 64 GB.
If you don’t want to buy a VHS camcorder, this is an excellent alternative. It’s also extremely light at just 1.15 pounds.
It is possible to rotate the camera’s screen for viewing below, front, above and even inverted.
The camera has three modes – audio, photo, and video. It takes good still pictures, given the lighting is adequate.
The same thing can be said for videos. The 16x zooming function is not as good as expected, though.
The photo option has additional settings. These are face detection, smile capture, and anti-shake. The camera records everything in AVI format.
- Very good for taking still pictures
- Continues recording while plugged in
- Extremely lightweight
- Comes with an extra battery
- Zooming is below par
- Not so good in low light
- Needs SD card to store pics & videos
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good cheap YouTube camera?
There are several options that can be categorised as cheap YouTube cameras, however, after testing many of them, I laid down to only 4 offerings in this article.
If you ask me the best out of them, I’d highly recommend getting the Rosdeca 214KM
Do I need an external microphone for YouTube videos?
Yes, I would definitely recommend buying an external microphone.
If you are recording for YouTube, it is essential to have clear audio, and you should invest in a discrete microphone – clip or tabletop.
What camera do most YouTubers use?
I’ve a few content creator friends, and most of them uses mid-range cameras like Sony ZV-1, Canon EOS 90D, etc.
That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t use a cheap cameras for YouTube channel, in fact, you should start with those.
Upgrade your gear whenever you level up your skills and growth on YouTube.
Does cheap vlogging cameras allow live streaming?
It may need additional hardware and definitely a software solution like Lightstream or Wirecast.
Some vlogging cameras are live stream capable, but not all.
Before curating this list, I did proper research on cameras that most beginner YouTubers use and tested each of them.
However, if you’re still confused, let me quickly help you out:
- The Rosdeca 214KM is the best overall option on this list. It can record 4K videos, comes with accessories, WiFi connectivity and much more at an affordable price.
- The YEEHAO 2053STR is also emerged as a good affordable vlogging camera. It can support memory cards of up to 128GB and record at least an hour of YouTube video.
- Lastly, the Kicteck 604s is the cheapest option you can get. Although it carries lower price tag, it is capable of shooting full HD videos without any glitches.