When running a local store, business owners know that your experience matters.
In order to get the clearest look at where improvements are needed, they’re seeking everyday consumers to act as mystery shoppers who inform them of exactly how their shop is doing.
Through the Mobee app, you can get connected to these opportunities and earn extra cash.
Mystery shopping has been around for decades, helping companies get insight into their quality of service, product placements, and more across their locations.
However, mystery shopping apps are now taking these gigs in a new direction by allowing you to complete tasks and earn straight from your iPhone or Android.
Today, your money-making opportunity is just a download away.
Learn all about Mobee, how it works, and how you can turn it into your side hustle by reading this article.
What Is Mobee?
Launched in 2012, Mobee is a mobile app that helps you find one-off secret shopper jobs in your area.
The platform works directly with popular stores in the United States and Canada — including Walmart, Kroger, Best Buy, and Urban Outfitters — to send you on mystery shopping “missions.”
Just as with any other mystery shopping program, your goal when shopping for Mobee is to gather intel while posed as a normal shopper.
Every shopping trip you take is a completely legitimate way to make money fast.
Even $25 in half an hour is possible.
How Does the Mobee App Work?
The Mobee app doesn’t just allow you to accept and complete secret shopping tasks.
It also makes it an incredibly interactive experience that feels like a scavenger hunt around the city.
Here’s how you can start earning with Mobee:
- Browse through Mobee missions on the homepage of your app. Each mission listing will include basic information about what you’ll be tasked to do, how long it will take, and how many points you’ll earn.
- When you find a mission that interests you, go to the listed store.
- Start your mission in the app upon arrival. This will reveal your exact task, which often includes locating a specific product, asking an employee a question, and taking pictures of products. You’ll also need to answer a set of questions on the Mobee app about the store. Again, the key to this is never revealing the fact that you’re working as a mystery shopper so employees don’t put on a show just to earn a stellar report.
- Submit your feedback on the Mobee app.
As long as your feedback is legitimate and as requested on your Mobee mission, you’ll receive Mobee points within 48 hours.
Most missions are worth about 150 points, though you’ll see missions worth as many as 2,500 points.
With every point worth roughly 1 cent, this means you can feasibly get $25 in one shopping trip.
Once you have at least 350 points, you can trade them in to send cash donations to select charities.
When you reach 500 points, you can start trading in points for gift cards for well-known brands like Amazon and Starbucks.
How to Sign Up for Mobee
If you’re already convinced that Mobee is the earning opportunity for you, get started on your first mission within minutes by following this step-by-step guide to signing up for Mobee:
- Download the Mobee app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Open the app and tap “Sign in Using Facebook” to sign up with your Facebook account, or tap “Sign Up” to create an account with your email address.
- If signing up with Facebook, tap “Continue as (First Name)” to connect your Facebook account. If signing up with email, input your email address and password, then select “Sign Up.
- Enter a referral code or tap “Skip.”
- Give Mobee permission to access your location and photos on your smartphone. This will allow you to find and complete nearby tasks.
Once you complete these steps, you’ll be directed to the Mobee homepage, where you can start browsing through available Missions near you.
Is the Mobee App a Scam?
Mobee is definitely not a scam.
Rather, it’s a truly great opportunity to some money to spend in a fairly short amount of time — as long as you’re not located in a rural area, where missions aren’t as plentiful.
Plenty of users in major cities are successfully completing easy mystery shopping missions and cashing out every single day.
Though Mobee and its parent company, Wiser Solutions, are not rated by the Better Business Bureau, there are enough user reviews out there to confirm that Mobee is actually paying out shoppers as promised.
While Mobee isn’t a part-time job that will help you pay your bills, you can quickly earn gift cards to purchase your essentials.
Even if you’re only completing the average 150-point missions, you can trade in your points for gift cards in as little as four trips.
There are also plenty of missions that offer better earnings.
Frequently Asked Questions
With Mobee, you can start earning money just by shopping at your local stores and submitting requested feedback in the Mobee app.
If you’re still unsure if you want to sign up, consider these answers to common questions.
1. Does Mobee have a referral program that I can earn with?
Much like many other app-based earning opportunities, Mobee allows you to earn just by getting your friends and family members to sign up and use the platform.
All you need to do is tap on your “Invite Friends” tab in the Mobee app, copy your code, and share it.
As soon as a friend signs up with your code and completes their first mission, you get 300 points (approximately $3) free.
2. Do I have to buy anything during my Mobee trip?
There are some missions that require you to make a small purchase, but you’ll be informed of this fact before you even head to the store.
You’ll also be notified of how much you’ll be reimbursed.
This reimbursement will be included within the points you earn.
3. What are Mobee achievements?
As you complete more missions, you’ll automatically unlock achievements that give you bonus points for reaching a milestone.
As a new user, you’ll get an extra 100 points (about $1) just for completing a single mission.
Beyond this first achievement, you can still earn extra points about every 6-10 trips.
In a sense, your achievements are similar to a loyalty program, giving you incentive to continue being a mystery shopper.
4. How do I make sure that my feedback is approved by Mobee team members?
When Mobee reviews your feedback, they are looking at the accuracy of the data you provide and the honesty of your feedback.
As long as you are truly visiting the store and submitting clear information as requested in your app, you should get an approval.
Mobee also looks for photo clarity, so blurry images won’t be accepted, though photos taken on your smartphone should be perfectly fine.
Don’t forget to submit the date, time, and location of your mission either.
5. I believe my feedback was unfairly rejected. What can I do?
First, we recommend reviewing Mobee’s email notification about your rejection.
This will include tips for getting approved as well as information about the quality of feedback clients expect, which may give you insight into why your mission wasn’t approved.
If you still believe you were unfairly rejected, you can respond to the refusal email to appeal the decision up to one time.
You’ll receive a response within a week.