Do you find yourself, more often than not, ending up with tickets for an event that you won’t attend?
Do you usually struggle to sell these and eventually end up discarding them or giving them away?
If you’ve been through that situation, then you probably already know about Vivid Seats and wondering how the whole thing works.
Vivid Seats is a legitimate website for listing tickets for sale, with a process that could be a little overwhelming for beginners.
In this article, we’ll show you how to sell tickets on Vivid Seats and whether it’s worth your time.
- Why You Should Consider Selling Tickets on Vivid Seats
- Problems With Selling Tickets on Vivid Seats
- What You’ll Need to Sell Tickets on Vivid Seats
- How to Sell Tickets on Vivid Seats: Step-By-Step Instructions
- Things to Consider When Selling Tickets on Vivid Seats
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Similar Tutorials to Check Out
- Wrapping Up
Why You Should Consider Selling Tickets on Vivid Seats
Here’s why Vivid Seats can be your go-to website whenever you want to sell your tickets:
- Listing is Free: Unlike some marketplaces like Etsy, the listing is completely free of charge. You can list as many tickets as you want, and the deduction fee will only be taken when you land a sale.
- The Sale Fee is Low: Vivid Seats will only deduct 10% of the total price of the ticket. Compared to other marketplaces, that’s fairly low.
- It’s 100% Safe: Vivid Seats prides itself on its legitimacy. Both buyers and sellers know that, so you won’t have to worry about buyers being “suspicious” of the tickets you list.
- You Can Profit: Vivid Seats is often used by people who realize that they won’t be able to attend an event they’ve already purchased tickets for. However, others are now using it as a method of profit. By purchasing tickets to important events, you should be able to make some decent cash when the official tickets for the event are all sold out.
Problems With Selling Tickets on Vivid Seats
Here are a few issues you might encounter while selling on Vivid Seats:
- Tickets May Not Sell: Not all tickets are sought after, and you may end up not selling them, losing both the event and the monetary value you could have gotten out of the tickets.
- Ticket Prices Fluctuate: Many sellers could be selling tickets for the same event. In an attempt to land a sale, someone else might lower their prices just a bit before the event, leading them to find a buyer while you still wait for a sale.
- You Get No Compensation: There’s no guarantee that your tickets will sell on Vivid Seats. If you end up not selling them, you don’t get any compensation.
What You’ll Need to Sell Tickets on Vivid Seats
Here’s what you’ll need to sell on Vivid Seats:
- Genuine Tickets: Vivid Seats is a legitimate website, and it only accepts genuine tickets that aren’t expired. Accordingly, your tickets should be actually authentic.
- All the Ticket Details Should Be Clear: The tickets should be in good condition, with all information, like the event name, date, time, venue, seating, and the like, clear and visible.
- A Vivid Seats Account: For you to sell, you must have a valid account on the website, just like other marketplaces like Amazon and Etsy.
- You Must Be in the US: Vivid Seats works only in the United States. If you’re not currently there, you won’t be able to sell your tickets.
- A Valid PayPal Account: PayPal is the primary method of earning on Vivid Seats. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you won’t be able to receive your money.
How to Sell Tickets on Vivid Seats: Step-By-Step Instructions
You may start your selling process immediately and be prompted at some point to create an account, or you may start by creating an account and then proceed with your selling process uninterrupted.
We’ll go with the “creating your account first” approach.
1. Create a Vivid Seats Account
You have to list your tickets under a username, which is why you need an account first if you don’t already have one. Keep in mind that if you already have an account that you use to purchase tickets, you won’t need a separate account to sell.
Once you create an account or log in to an existing one, scroll down the homepage of the website until you locate “Our Services.”
The “Sell Tickets” option should be the last one on the list.
3. Choose Your Event
You’ll get a search bar where you can choose the event you want to sell the tickets for. Once you write the first three letters, a drop-down list should appear, just like Google Search.
Select the event, and proceed to the next page.
4. Fill In Your Ticket Information
Now is when you get to fill in all the details. Have your ticket next to you, and fill in the desired price, the in-hand date, the number of tickets, and the expiry date.
On the same page, you’ll also be required to fill in your PayPal email address and your delivery method.
Also, don’t forget about the “split” option. You have three choices there.
- The “smart” option is where the buyers can purchase any number of tickets, but you won’t end up with a single ticket (tickets are often sold in two or more).
- The “any” option, which allows buyers to purchase any number of tickets, and you can end up with only one ticket.
- The “none” option, which means that the buyers have to buy all the listed tickets or none at all.
Don’t stress yourself over that one. You can always change it later.
5. Select Your Delivery Method
There are two methods to get your tickets to your potential buyer; electronic delivery and physical delivery.
If you choose the first option, your buyer will receive an email with the tickets that they can print and use.
If you choose the physical option, you’ll have to physically ship your tickets to the buyer using UPS or FedEx. Whichever you choose, you’ll receive a prepaid label that you place on your package before shipping.
The delivery fees are on the buyer, so you won’t have to worry about those.
6. Enter Your Adress
The address (which is the location where the tickets are) determines how much your buyer will be charged depending on the distance.
As such, you must write it down accurately.
7. Finalize Your Listing
At this point, all you have to do is to agree to the terms and conditions and confirm your listing.
Once you do that, go ahead and check the listing to see whether it’s all good or in need of a few tweaks. Since listing is free, you can edit anything you want free of charge.
Things to Consider When Selling Tickets on Vivid Seats
Here are a few things to keep in mind while putting up your tickets for sale:
- Choose Your Events: If you’re using Vivid Seats as a way to make a profit, then you should do your research and choose the events that most people are seeking. Purchasing tickets for small or unpopular events will diminish your chances of landing a sale.
- Research the Prices: Even if your event selection game is on point, you’ll still struggle to sell your tickets if your prices are over the average. It’s essential to keep track of other sellers who are selling the same tickets and adjust your prices accordingly.
- Lower Your Prices When Needed: Buyers are smart, and they’ll sometimes play the waiting game until the prices are lowered. While it’s okay to let this happen for a couple of days, it’s best to strategically lower the prices when the event is close. Selling for a lower price is still better than not selling at all and losing the whole value of the tickets.
- Lower From the Start When Needed: If you’re not a hardcore Vivid Seats user looking to profit, it’s best to offer competitive prices from the start to get some, if not all, of the price of your ticket.
- Keep an Eye on the Ticket Sources: People are less likely to go to any ticket website unless the tickets are sold out. Therefore, look around and make sure to list your tickets on the website as soon as they run out from all other sources.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make a Living Out of Vivid Seats?
The short answer is no. You may profit occasionally, but even if you’re a hardcore user, the fact that you lose all value of unsold tickets without compensation is a risk that’ll stay.
Do Buyer Discounts Affect Sellers?
Vivid Seats often lists discounts on occasions like feasts or users’ birthdays. However, as a seller, you won’t get affected by any of this. The only deduction from your ticket value would be the regular 10% fee.
Similar Tutorials to Check Out
If you like the selling idea but tickets aren’t your thing, here are other gigs for you to try out:
- Sell Used Rims: Are you a car fanatic? If you own a garage or are in the car wheel/rim business, this tutorial will help you maximize your profits from selling used rims.
- Sell Disney VHS tapes: Who said VHS tapes are dead? These tapes nowadays are like music vinyl. They’re a taste that many people appreciate.
- Sell Used Sports Equipment: Are you an athlete who’s constantly buying newer gear and piling up old ones in the attic? Check this tutorial to learn how to make money out of it.
- How to Sell a Piano: Are you a pianist whose old pianos are sitting in the corner? Why not make some decent cash out of them to help you through your musical journey?
- Selling Candles From Home: Candles are a visual and sometimes aromatic treat. If you fancy candles and wish to make some money out of them, check out this tutorial.
By now, you know how easy it is to sell your tickets on Vivid Seats. Whether you want to make some money out of it or just looking forward to getting some value out of those tickets, Vivid Seats can indeed be worth your time.
Make sure not to overshoot your price to avoid falling into the “no sale at all” pit. Once the event time is over, those tickets are just paper.
If you found this guide useful, take a moment to share it with one of your friends who may share the same interests as you, and if you still have any questions, feel free to drop them in the comments below.