50 Pet Blog Ideas for Your Next Post
Even in an industry as exciting as the pet business, it isn’t always easy to come up with new ideas for content and blog posts. If you feel stuck and need some inspiration, this article will help you to find blog post ideas that suit your blog and appeal to your ideal audience.
Whether you write a blog as part of your pet business or you have a dedicated pet blog or dog blog, we hope these blog post ideas will help you create fun, engaging content that your readers will love.
1. Seasonal Features
Every season presents different challenges and opportunities for pet owners, so they’re a great theme to create new content around. From local events to the different activities you can enjoy outdoors, seasonal content can encourage people to try something new.
Here are some ideas to help get you started:
- What to Look for When Buying a Dog Coat
- How to Keep Your Pets Comfortable During Winter
- 10 Fun Games to Play With Your Dog This Summer
- 5 Rainy Day Dog Walking Essentials
- The Ultimate Guide to Pet-Friendly Events This Spring
2. Pet Holidays
As well as our own changing seasons and holidays, did you know that there are hundreds of pet holidays each year? You’ll find a list of pet holidays on Dogtipper, and these can be a useful resource to help you come up with content ideas throughout the year.
Here’s how you could make the most of some pet holidays throughout the year:
- How to Get Started With Obedience Training (for “National Train Your Dog Month” in January)
- 5 Things You Need to Know About Pet First Aid (for “National Pet First Aid Awareness Month” in April)
- What to Look for When Choosing a Rescue Cat (for “Adopt a Cat Month” in June)
- 15 Reasons Why Shelter Dogs Are the Best (for “Adopt a Dog Month” in October)
- Why Cats Make Wonderful Companions (for “National Cat Lovers Month” in December)
3. Pet Products
With so many different products, toys, furniture, and accessories available now the choice can be overwhelming. Pet product reviews and features are a good way to continue to share new content on your blog, and they’re also especially helpful for new pet owners who may become loyal readers.
Looking for some ideas on how you could talk about pet products on your blog? Here are some blog post ideas:
- The Best New Tech for Dog Owners in 2018
- How to Choose the Right Toys for Your Dog
- 5 Cat Products We Couldn’t Live Without
- My Favorite Places to Shop for Pet Products
- How to DIY Your Own Cat Toys
4. Gift Ideas and Holiday Celebrations
The holidays are big business for lots of industries, including the pet industry. Cats, dogs, and other animals become part of the family and they’re often gifted new dog treats, cat toys, and pet accessories to celebrate holidays.
Here are some ways you could cover this on your pet blog:
- 5 DIY Halloween Costumes for Dogs
- How to Make a Pet-Friendly Thanksgiving Dinner
- The Ultimate Gift Guide for Cats
- 7 Fun Ways to Celebrate the Holidays With Your Pets
- How to Find a Pet Sitter for the Holidays
5. Behavior and Training
Every pet has its own personality traits and that’s what makes them special, but sometimes we need to work on these behaviors or invest in pet training to help them overcome challenges. If you run a pet training business, this is a great topic to cover on your blog, but it’s also a good way for pet owners or dog lovers to share tips and their own experiences with behavior and training.
Here are a few ideas for your blog:
- 7 Behaviors to Look out for in a New Puppy
- How to Find the Right Pet Trainer for You
- 5 Ways to Encourage Positive Behavior in Your Dog
- Animal Behavior Essentials: What You Need to Know
- How to Make the Most of Your Pet Training Sessions
6. Pet Health, Food, and Recipes
As pet owners we all want our animals to stay healthy and live life to the fullest. Learning about pet health and wellness, including food and recipe ideas, can help your readers to stay informed and make positive choices for their pets.
If you want to talk about pet health and food on your blog, here are a few post ideas:
- How to Cater to a Pet With a Specialized Diet
- 7 Recipes to Help You Create Your Own Dog Food at Home
- My Favorite Pet Food Brands and Why I Recommend Them
- An Owner’s Guide to Health and Wellness at Home
- How to Make Smarter Choices for Your Pet’s Health
Like every industry, the pet world experiences trends and styles that come and go. Not only are trends a great way to introduce fresh, relevant content to your blog, but they also provide an opportunity for your content to be seen by more people as they look for ideas through search engines.
Here’s how to talk about trends on your pet blog:
- What’s Trending Now in the Pet Industry
- 7 Pet Food Trends to Discuss With Your Vet Before You Try
- How to Find Out What’s Trending for Dogs
- 5 Pet Trends That Aren’t Worth the Hype
- How Technology Is Changing What’s Popular in the Pet Industry
8. Your Story and Expertise
One of the reasons why people read blogs from professionals in the pet industry is to get insider tips and ideas from someone they trust, who has experience in the topics they blog about. This can be a useful source of inspiration for your content, and your story and know how can help your readers to feel more connected to you and your blog.
Here are some ways you can share your story on your blog:
- Why I Started This Pet Blog
- 5 Experiences That Shaped My Career in the Pet Industry
- Meet the Family: An Introduction to My Pets
- 7 Challenges That Helped Me Become a Better Pet Owner
- How I Overcame My Fears to Become a Successful Business Owner
9. Behind the Scenes
Another way to create a deeper connection with your pet blog readers is to take them behind the scenes of your business. This can be especially powerful if you run a business alongside your blog, like a dog walking business or a pet store, as you can create behind-the-scenes looks of upcoming product launches or exclusives.
Want to show your readers behind the scenes but not sure how? Here are a few ideas:
- Follow Me Around My Pet Store (a Photo Tour)
- How I Started My Pet Blog and Turned It Into a Business
- Pet Blogging Q&A
- 5 Essentials That Help Me Run a Profitable Pet Business
- 7 Moments That Changed My Career
10. Local Community
Lastly, one of the best things about being a pet owner is the sense of community that comes with it. This might be as small as a smile and “good morning” on the morning dog walk, or taking part in a pet show or competition.
Here are a few blog posts you could write to help your readers find out about the best community events and activities:
- 15 of the Best Dog-Friendly Events in Your City
- How to Find Pet Classes in Your Local Area
- 5 Ways to Get Involved With Pet Owners in Your Community
- How to Host a Pet-Friendly Community Event
- 7 Tips for Your First Pet Show or Competition
Feel Inspired to Blog?
We hope that this list of blog post ideas for your pet blog has inspired you to create a list of titles and plan out content for the months ahead.
If you’d like some tips on writing, make sure you check out our comprehensive guide on how to write a great blog post. It features advice on how to format your blog post, how often to publish, and tips on how to write for different audiences.
For our best tips and exclusive insights from blogging experts, you can also sign up to our VIP subscribers email list. As a subscriber you’ll receive emails with advice on how to start, grow, and monetize your blog. It’s free, so sign up today and you’ll hear from us every week with tips and motivation for your blogging business.