Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series B company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. Named one of “The Best Places To Work” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are poised for hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join the fun.
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll drive research, design, and best practices for our growing product. We’re looking for a systems-level thinker with a dedication to craft who enjoys collaborating with product management, engineering, and other designers to create intuitive, delightful, and innovative experiences.
We are a diverse team based in San Francisco, passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Create solutions that make the process of designing and selling solar easy and intuitive for solar professionals
- Own and drive the design vision for your product area
- Craft, maintain and update the design system for our product suite
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to develop elegant solutions that delight our users
- Drive product design process from research, high-level user journeys, concepts, wireframes, and prototypes all the way to excellent visual execution
- Rapidly produce pixel-perfect and low-fidelity concepts and prototypes
- Inform and guide the work of team members by providing clear, helpful, and actionable feedback
- Evaluate user observations and interviews to uncover insights and create an exceptional user experience
What we value:
- 5+ years experience shipping responsive web and/or mobile applications
- Creating, managing, and leading design system efforts while partnering with developers and designers to ensure consistent application of design frameworks
- Excellent visual designer who cares about delivering meaningful beauty with a great eye and passion for aesthetics and design systems
- Portfolio that showcases a systems-level approach to solutions with attention to beauty
- Dedication to craft and ability to iterate rapidly
- Ability to conduct user research, user interviews, usability testing, and to know when each is needed
- Great communicator who can design frameworks to help us find opportunities, brainstorm and illustrate concepts, and effectively showcase stories
- Experience working with animation and complex transitions is a plus
- Experience building out complex consumer-grade B2B products is a plus
Thank you for your interest in Aurora Solar. Currently, our interview process is taking longer than usual as we navigate the new normal of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and look forward to connecting with you soon.
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/aurora-solar-senior-product-designer