If you’ve been looking for ways to make extra money online, you’ve probably come across sites that claim to pay you for taking surveys.
However, how can you know if they are legit and worth your time? Is it really possible to get paid to take surveys?
You’re not alone – many other people are just as confused as you.
At the end of this article, you’ll understand how to make real money by taking surveys, how much you can expect to earn per day and month, and how to avoid scams.
- Can You Get Paid To Take Surveys?
- What You’ll Need To Get Paid To Take Surveys
- Where To Get Paid To Take Surveys
- Why You Should Consider Taking Surveys as a Side Hustle
- Problems With Taking Surveys
- How To Get Paid To Take Surveys: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Things To Consider When Taking Surveys for Money
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Similar Tutorials To Check Out
- Wrapping Up
Can You Get Paid To Take Surveys?
Taking surveys for money allows you to earn pocket cash in your free time.
Many people wonder whether it’s possible, but it is!
It’s an interesting side hustle because it doesn’t require any skills or much concentration – you can do it when you are bored, waiting at the doctor’s office, or sitting on the bus.
However, managing your expectations is critical.
You can’t make a full-time income by taking surveys, despite what some sites might promise you.
In addition, it’s essential to choose the correct survey sites to avoid wasting your time.
Like with other online money-making opportunities, scams that target desperate people abound.
How Much Can You Make by Taking Surveys
If you take surveys consistently, you can make around $1–15 a day.
A typical short survey will pay between $0.25 and $3, and it will usually last 1–30 minutes.
A longer survey of an hour or so might pay $5–10.
According to CBS News, different survey sites claim to have earning potentials of anywhere between $30 and $250 per month.
There are more in-depth research opportunities as well, and they can pay as much as a few hundred dollars for an hour or two of work.
However, they typically require you to do more, such as joining a video conference, and they are harder to find.
In addition, these types of surveys have more strict qualifications.
For example, you might have to be in a specific age range, live in a particular geographical area, own a specific electronic device, or suffer from a particular medical condition.
The problem is that many survey sites pay very low, some even less than $0.25 per survey.
That’s why, if you want to make money taking surveys, choosing which surveys you take carefully is essential.
Avoid wasting your time on low-paying surveys.
Overall, taking surveys is a great way to make some pocket cash, but you won’t earn much more than that.
What You’ll Need To Get Paid To Take Surveys
One of the advantages of taking surveys is that you don’t need a lot of equipment.
Here’s all you need to take surveys online.
- You will need a mobile device and an internet connection.
- Some surveys have specific device or browser requirements, so you may need to download a particular browser like Chrome or have a desktop or laptop computer with Windows or macOS.
- You may need a fast and stable internet connection and an external webcam for video-based surveys and research opportunities.
Where To Get Paid To Take Surveys
Many sites claim to pay you for your opinions, but you must ensure you join a legitimate site with decent earning opportunities.
Here are the best survey sites to join.
SurveyClub has over 15 million members, offering access to focus groups, panels, surveys, and more.
Most surveys last for less than five minutes and allow you to earn between $0.50 to $5.
It usually has at least a few studies every day, and it will match you with studies based on your profile.
How Much You Can Make
You can expect to make up to a few dollars per day on SurveyClub by taking several short surveys over half an hour or so.
If you log in daily, expect to make anywhere from $20 to $50 per month.
What Makes This Option Great
SurveyClub is excellent because it lets you see survey opportunities before signing up.
Just visit the Available Studies page to see what’s available.
It’s also a great option if you buy products on Amazon regularly.
- Typical Fees/Commission: SurveyClub charges no fees or commissions.
- Typical Payment Methods: You can cash out and get an Amazon gift card.
SurveyJunkieSurvey, or Survey Junkie, is a site that connects you with brands looking for consumer opinions and feedback.
It’s a famous platform that has been around for a while, and it’s legit.
How Much You Can Make
Most surveys pay around $0.50 to $3.
However, there aren’t always survey opportunities targeted to your demographic.
Expect to make around $40 a month if you keep at it consistently and complete three surveys a day.
What Makes This Option Great
One reason Survey Junkie is a great option is that it pays out via PayPal in addition to offering gift cards to stores like Amazon, Target, and Starbucks.
Many sites do not provide a cash payout option.
- Typical Fees/Commission: Survey Junkie does not charge any fees.
- Typical Payment Methods: Payment methods include electronic gift cards and PayPal.
Swagbucks is one of the most famous survey-taking sites.
It also offers various other opportunities to make money, such as by signing up for bank accounts, downloading apps, watching videos, and playing games.
How Much You Can Make
Expect to make between $1-5 a day.
Over a month, you can make anywhere from $30 to $150, depending on how much time you spend on the app.
However, you can earn a lot more than that by completing some of the other offers on the app.
What Makes This Option Great
If no decent survey options are available on any particular day, you can always make money with the other offers.
You can even make a few cents just by checking in daily.
- Typical Fees/Commission: Swagbucks does not charge any fees or commissions.
- Typical Payment Methods: Swagbucks has a wide range of gift cards available. Options include DoorDash, eBay, Walmart, Lowe’s, and many others. In addition, you can cash out to PayPal or get a prepaid Mastercard.
Why You Should Consider Taking Surveys as a Side Hustle
While it’s not for everyone, taking surveys can be a great way to utilize your extra time and earn some cash for extra luxuries.
Here’s why you should consider taking surveys as a side hustle.
- It’s easy money. You don’t have to do much or even concentrate heavily – most questions are easy to answer. Instead of watching YouTube when you are bored, you can make some pocket money.
- There are many sites available. The more websites you join, the more survey opportunities you will have access to.
- You can get cash. Focus on sites that offer payouts in the form of prepaid cards, PayPal, or crypto if you don’t want gift cards.
- It requires no upfront investment. Unlike ecommerce, blogging, and trading, you don’t have to spend any money upfront.
Problems With Taking Surveys
On the other hand, taking surveys isn’t for everyone.
Here are some disadvantages of taking surveys for money online:
- The earning potential is limited. Most people don’t make more than a few dollars daily taking surveys online.
- It can be frustrating. Often, you’ll start a survey, only for the system to disqualify you in the middle. You won’t get any payment, so it’s easy to feel you wasted your time.
- There are limited payout options. Many sites only offer gift cards as payment methods, which might not be helpful for everyone.
- There are high payout minimums. Some sites require you to earn at least $50 or more before qualifying for a payout.
How To Get Paid To Take Surveys: Step-by-Step Instructions
Fortunately, it’s pretty easy to start taking surveys online and making money.
Here are the steps you’ll need to take.
1. Join a Few Survey Sites
We recommend joining at least two or three survey sites.
Sometimes, you’ll find no survey opportunities on one website, but there may be opportunities on the other sites you joined.
Start with the three websites we listed above: SurveyClub, Survey Junkie, and Swagbucks.
2. Fill Out Your Profile
Filling out your profile on each site is an essential step.
The platform might ask about which electronic devices you own, your interests, hobbies, and more.
These questions help the system match you with surveys you will qualify for.
3. Log in Multiple Times a Day
Survey opportunities come and go.
Plenty of people join the same sites and want to make money taking surveys, but each survey typically has a limit to the number of respondents who can participate.
By logging in more often, you can find survey opportunities before others snatch them up.
4. Answer Surveys Truthfully
Don’t lie on your surveys or select random answers.
Many platforms have built-in methods to detect people choosing random answers.
Always answer the questions honestly; take some time to think about which answer is correct if you need to.
5. Cash Out
It can sometimes take days, weeks, or months to get credit for completing a survey.
Once you have enough credit in your account, select a reward and cash out.
Things To Consider When Taking Surveys for Money
Taking surveys isn’t for everyone.
If you’re interested in taking surveys for money, here are some things you must know before starting.
- Be realistic. If you rely on surveys to earn a significant side income, you’re setting yourself up for disappointment. At most, it will give you some extra pocket cash you can use as beer money or to pay small bills.
- Don’t get frustrated. There will be times when you take a survey that disqualifies you mid-survey, or when a survey takes much longer than you expected. It’s all part of the game.
- Join as many legit survey sites as possible. That way, you will have access to more high-paying survey opportunities.
- Avoid wasting time on long surveys that pay very little. By joining more sites and having other income streams to rely on, it will be easier to pass on survey opportunities if they’re not worth it.
- Don’t give up. The people who make decent money with surveys are those who have been consistent. By sticking around for longer, you will open yourself up to new survey opportunities and focus group invitations.
- Focus on cash-paying sites. Gift cards are fun, but they’re only practical if you shop at the store in question often. If you need cash, focus on sites that offer PayPal, crypto, or prepaid card rewards.
- Read reviews before joining a site. Avoid any platform with complaints about a lack of payouts or account freezes. Sites like Trustpilot and Sitejabber will come in handy. Also, be wary of blog review articles that include affiliate links to the survey site, as they may be biased.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you still have questions about taking surveys online?
Here are answers to some of the most common questions we see from readers.
Is getting paid to take surveys legit?
Which paid surveys pay the most?
The highest-paying surveys are in-depth focus groups and research panels that require you to meet strict demographic requirements.
They also need more input from you – for example, you may have to attend two or three video interviews.
Similar Tutorials To Check Out
We recommend setting up as many side hustles as possible to increase your earning potential. Here are some other ways to make money online.
- Get paid to watch videos: Many sites, like Swagbucks, pay you to watch videos.
- Get paid to watch ads for money: If you are bored, you can watch ads for payment; businesses use this method as an advertisement strategy and will pay you a few cents or more per video.
- Get paid to write: if you want to make a more considerable amount of money, you can write for blogs, businesses, and companies as a freelancer.
There was a time when I was trying to make money by taking surveys, and the frustration involved was very discouraging.
That’s why I made this guide – to help people like you find the best ways to get paid to take surveys without wasting your time on illegitimate sites.
The gig economy can be a tough place, which is why having guides like this is so helpful.
If you have any advice for our readers or any survey sites to suggest, please leave your thoughts in the comment section below.
Also, share this article with a friend, so they can also make some extra cash!