100 Fitness Blog Ideas: Post Inspiration to Get You Out of a Rut
Stuck for ideas for your fitness blog? Writer’s block hits all of us at some point, and it can be frustrating.
If you’ve found yourself sitting in front of your screen not knowing what to write about, we have just the thing. To inspire you to make your next blog post amazing, here are 100 of our top content ideas for your fitness blog.
We’ve sorted these blog post ideas into categories, so you can easily find content ideas that fit your style — from sports and workout ideas to the professional side of fitness, and everything in between.
- Sports and Fitness
- Fitness for Beginners
- Diet and Nutrition
- Physical and Mental Health
- Personal Stories and Your Journey
- Clothing and Equipment
- Fitness for All
- Professional Fitness
- Inspiration and Motivation
A strong workout is the secret to staying fit and enjoying the process. Help your readers to create their own workouts or discover which exercises to try at home, at the gym, or outdoors.
- 5 of the Best Exercises to Try at Home
- How to Work Out in Your Garden
- 7 Workout Routines for Fat Loss
- My Favorite Workout Routine
- 10 No-Equipment Workouts
- 5 Training Programs for Weight Gain
- How to Create Your Own Home Gym
- Cardio Exercises to Try at Home
- 7 Exercise Routines for Beginners
- Why It’s Important to Time Your Workouts
Finding a sport that you enjoy can make a difference between sticking to your fitness journey or losing motivation. Motivate your readers and encourage them to try a new way to get fit or find a new way to enjoy an existing sport.
- Free and Fun Ways to Improve Your Fitness
- My Must-Haves and Top Tips for the Gym
- 7 Yoga Poses to Try at Home
- How to Find the Right Sport for You
- 5 Reasons to Join a Running Club
- A 10-Step Guide to Building Muscle
- My Favorite Way to Get Fit and Why You Should Try It
- 7 Reasons to Try Spinning
- The Ultimate Guide to Gym Etiquette
- 5 of the Best Dance Classes for Weight Loss
It can be hard to know where to start with fitness. Lots of people know they want to get fit and healthy, but don’t know what to do first. Inspire and help your readers to get the best start on their journey.
- How to Start Your Fitness Journey
- 10 Fitness YouTube Channels for Beginners
- How to Find the Right Gym or Trainer
- 5 Reasons to Document Your Fitness Journey
- 10 Things I Wish I’d Known Before Joining a Sports Team
- How to Introduce Exercise to Your Weekly Schedule
- Where to Find Local Fitness Classes
- 7 Sports All Beginners Should Try at Least Once
- The Definitive Guide to Fitness for Beginners
- How to Stay Motivated as a Beginner
A healthy, balanced diet often complements your workouts and can lead to better results. Help your readers figure out the positive changes they can make to their diet to stay healthy and fuel their fitness.
- Why Diet Is as Important as Fitness
- 7 Healthy Eating Habits to Try
- How to Set Healthy Fitness and Diet Goals
- 10 Places to Learn More About Healthy Eating
- Where to Find Nutritional Information for Your Favorite Foods
- The Pros and Cons of Sports Supplements
- My Favorite Health Food Stores
- How to Meal Plan and Hit Your Goals
- 5 Food Blogs with the Best Healthy Recipes
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know About Vitamins
Exercise and physical fitness has long been proven to have a positive effect on both physical and mental health. Inspire your readers to integrate fitness and well-being into their daily lives by sharing the positives of staying healthy.
- 10 Reasons Why Exercise Is Good for Your Health
- The Best Workouts for Depression
- How to Maintain Your Workouts With an Injury
- 5 Bloggers Share How Fitness Helped Them Beat Anxiety
- Why Fitness Improves Your Physical and Mental Health
- 7 Health Benefits of Regular Exercise
- How to Create a Health-Focused Workout Plan
- 10 Yoga Exercises for Mindfulness
- 5 Reasons Why Running Can Lift Your Mood
- My Thoughts on Fitness and Its Effect on Well-Being
People love to read blogs because they’re written from the heart, and from a unique point of view that nobody else has. Your own fitness journey can be a source of inspiration and motivation for your blog readers, so share your highs and lows with them.
- Why I Started My Fitness Journey
- 10 Things I Wish I’d Known About Fitness 5 Years Ago
- How I Stay Fit and Healthy Consistently
- Follow Me Around — A Day In My Life
- 5 Memorable Milestones in My Fitness Journey
- How I Stay Dedicated to My Fitness Goals
- Before and After — My Fitness Transformation
- 7 Things I Learned on My Path to Fitness
- How I Went from Unfit to Gym Lover
- 5 Mistakes I Made as I Started Exercising
With the popularity of exercise and fitness on the rise, it’s easier than ever to find fitness equipment and clothing in stores. Help your readers figure out the right products and gear for them through reviews, recommendations, and sharing your own personal favorites.
- The Ultimate Guide to Workout Gear for Beginners
- The Best Fitness Apps of 2018
- My Favorite Fitness Brands and Why I Recommend Them
- The Pros and Cons of Fitness Trackers
- 10 Fitness Products You Don’t Need to Buy
- What’s In My Gym Bag
- Where to Buy Second-Hand Gym Equipment
- 5 Places to Find Affordable Workout Gear
- How to Pack Your Gym Gear When Traveling
- Save vs. Splurge: Which Fitness Gear Is Worth Investing In
Often when we think of exercise a certain image springs to mind, but fitness is something that can be part of everyone’s lives. Your content could inspire someone to try a sport that they thought was impossible for them, or to enjoy fitness through life changes like pregnancy or a period of injury.
- 15 Exercises for Reduced Mobility
- How to Continue Your Fitness Routines When Pregnant
- 7 Workouts to Help You Gain Weight
- How to Stay Fit if You Can’t Exercise Easily
- 5 Workouts That Are Safe in Pregnancy
- How to Balance Your Complex Health Needs and Fitness
- 5 Sports for People With Reduced Fitness
- How to Create a Fitness Plan to Help You Lose Weight
- 7 Low-Impact Ways to Stay Fit
- 5 Workouts That Almost Everyone Can Try at Home
As a fitness blogger you’re part of the growing professional fitness industry. Behind-the-scenes content is popular with readers, so why not share your blogging journey, or your top tips on how to break into the industry?
- How I Became a Fitness Blogger
- 7 Steps to Becoming a Personal Trainer
- 10 Differences Between Pro Fitness and Fitness for Fun
- The Pros and Cons of Starting a Fitness Business
- 7 Fitness Professionals to Watch on YouTube
- How to Find Personal Training Clients
- 5 Career Ideas for People Passionate about Health and Fitness
- My Favorite Things About Being a Fitness Blogger
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Personal Training Industry
- 5 Courses to Help You Start Your Fitness Career
We all know that staying fit and healthy is good for us, but often it’s lack of motivation that means we fall back into old habits. Help your readers feel inspired again with motivational content, tips and tricks, and encouragement to stay focused.
- My Favorite Fitness Websites for Inspiration
- How to Stay Motivated If You Don’t Feel Like Working Out
- 10 Fitness Experts to Follow on Instagram
- How Exercise Helps Me Reach My Goals
- 5 Celebrity Personal Trainers to Inspire You
- 15 Inspirational Quotes to Motivate You to Work Out
- The Best Fitness YouTube Channels to Watch in 2018
- How to Motivate Yourself to Run on a Rainy Day
- 5 of the Best Fitness Magazines to Read
- How to Reward Yourself After a Tough Workout
Take Your Fitness Blog to the Next Level
We hope this list of content ideas has inspired you to write your next blog post, or given you ideas for a blog series. Blogging can be a journey of ups and downs, but it’s good for your audience to know that there’s always someone there with advice and ideas to help them stay motivated and on the path to success.
If you want to improve your fitness blog even further, we can help. Every week we send out a bonus email to our VIP subscribers with hints, tips, and advice from blogging experts. Some of the topics we cover include how to grow your blog, monetization, and how to promote your blog.
To become one of our VIP subscribers, make sure you sign up today. It’s free, and it means you’ll get the best of our content straight to your inbox so your fitness blog keeps making gains.